Chapter 4 Second Guessing My Sanity

It had been 4 hours and I was exhausted.

The sun was already going down and I was extremely thirsty, but surprisingly not hungry.

And, I was less than an hour away and I had yet to call Lucian's friend Crash.

I reluctantly pulled the Ducati over in front of a café, I love this beautiful bike!

I pocketed the keys and pulled off the helmet, carefully placing it on the handlebars, knowing that Lucian would kill me if I damaged or even scratched the motorcycle.

I walked into the café and found it full of people that, of course, I didn't know.

I sat down in one of the seats at the counter, thinking about what I wanted to buy with the cash that I had stashed in my suitcase before I had left The Shadows.

A waitress walked up to me and smiled.

"It's nice to see an unfamiliar and pretty face once in awhile. What can I get you?" The waitress asked me.

A group of men and women looked at me and I shrunk back in my seat.

"Do you serve sweet tea?" I asked her.

The waitress smiled and nodded.

I nodded back and she walked away to get the tea.

The group were still staring at me and I was getting fidgety.

A girl from the group sauntered over to where I was sitting.

"You're not from around here are you?" She asked me.

The girl was about 4-5 inches taller than me, was brunette, and had brown eyes.

"No." I quietly responded.

The rest of the group walked towards the brunette and I.

"What's your name? I'm Maggie." The brunette said.

I smiled nervously and said "I'm Scathach."

Maggie nodded and one of the men from the group narrowed his eyes at me.

The guy was a foot taller than me, had midnight black hair, and the most soulful eyes that I had ever seen.

His eyes were emerald green with a golden ring around the edges and it was as if this guy's eyes could see past you and into your soul.

It wasn't as creepy as it sounds, it was actually kind of intriguing.

I tore my eyes away from his as I heard the sound of a glass being set down on the counter beside me.

"Here you go, miss." The waitress said to me and I picked up my tea.

"Thanks." I said as I paid her.

The waitress nodded and went on to a different customer.

I looked back at Maggie and her crowd to find the guy still staring at me.

"You said Scathach, right? You friends with anyone named Lucian?" The guy asked.

That took me so much by surprise that I did a spit take with my tea.

I started to choke and the guy looked at me with an amused expression on his face.

"Yeah, he's like my best friend. Why do you ask?" I asked the guy when I had stopped choking.

"I'm Crash." The guy said.

So HE'S Crash?

I'm going to work and live with a hot guy?