Professional Courtesy

Since a few weeks ago me and Kelly have been on more dates and decided to keep it a secret from everyone else.

"What the hell just happened?" I say as the TV goes off mid program "Ah, damn thing's fried." Otis says looking behind it "Worst day ever" "How" "I woke up this morning with the worst cramps ever, I couldn't get one direction concert tickets cause they were sold out in minutes and now the tv is bust" "A period can't be that bad and one direction grow up" he says and I glare at him "you have little action figures don't tell me to grow up also you could never handle a period you could barely handle pain when I tapped you" "You slapped me up the head" "you made a bitchy comment" he sighed in defeat "Anyways Two hours left in the shift and no calls yet." I say and everyone glares at me "what" I say confused "She did not just say that." Hermann said as the alarms go off.

Accident, truck 81, squad 3.

We all get in the truck "Dani . Pitcher's got a no-hitter going in the eighth inning. Do you go up to him and say, "looks like you got a no-hitter going"?" Casey asks "No, but..." "don't do it at the damn firehouse either." We arrive on scene and one car is in the middle of the road and the other is on the edge of a bridge "Stabilize the van!" Casey shouts to the others as me and him go to help the victim out the other car. Casey opens the door and helps the guy out. My eyes widen in shock as I realise its my older brother Justin. "Field test this idiot. Open containers right there." Casey says handing him over to a cop as I look in the car and see empty cans of beer. He was wasted "I'll take care of it." The cop says to Casey

"She's going! She's going!"We hear Hermann yell as the car starts to tip over the edge we both rush over to help hold it as squad pulls up. "Stabilizers! Cribbing! Let's go." Kelly yells as he runs over to help hold the car down. Capp and Tony rush over with everything and we work to stabilize the car "Hey, sir, just sit tight there for me, all right? Don't try and unbuckle yourself." Dawson says "Is he all right? My son? He's not saying anything." The dad asks I check the sons pulse "Yeah, he's alive, sir." "Where's those jaws?" Kelly says as Cruz comes over with the jaws to pop open the door "Too tight?" Yeah!" Ah! We're gonna go through the windshield.And get me a pick head." "Coming up." "What happened?" The son asks as he wakes up "You're gonna be okay, buddy. Hockey fan, huh?" Casey asks "We were headed to Evanston for his tournament. Are you okay, Mikey?" "Yeah, I think so. What happened?" "Vehicle stabilized." I shout "Sir, you're coming out first, all right?" Casey says to the dad as we pull him out of the car and onto a stretcher. Me and Casey go back over to to the cops once we get the son out. "Where's the driver?" Casey asks "Uh, some officers took him to the hospital." The officer said "You're kidding me." "No, he was complaining of leg pain, and you guys looked swamped over there," " so... he should've been c-collared and transported properly." I say no concerned for my brother "My bad." "Did you bag the beer cans?" Casey asks "Look. Detective Voight... behind me, the guy in the jacket... that was his son driving this car." The officer says as I look up and see my dad and Casey looks over at me.

Next Shift

I go to my dads and let myself in "What's up Dani" "What happened the other night" "What" "With Justin what happened cause my Lieutenant knows he was drunk driving and he knows you covered for him" "Dani I" "No Dad do you not see how wrong that is to do Justin needs help and your just letting him get off that kids in the ICU" "He can't go to prison for one mistake" "Dad he nearly killed them" "he won't get the help he needs in prison and you know that" "at least try and cut a deal like if he said he's guilty send him to an out of state facility for 1 year and community service after" "It doesn't work like that" "Where is he now" "I got the guys to take him to rehab" "that's good but what now Casey is going to have a report saying Justin was drunk and there was empty cans on passenger seat" "I'll deal with it" "How because that's the truth as much as I love Justin and I know he's a good kid nothing can change that report" "Ill speak to Casey" "good luck with that he's a stickler for the rules and believes in Right and wrong no grey areas he's gonna want to do what's right by that kid whose life may have been ruined by Justin" "I know but Justin's life should not be ruined because of it" "I know its just horrible because its family versus my boss and then everyone in the station will find out and then how are they gonna trust me to walk into a burning building and have there back" "I know" "As long as you make it clear that Jason is getting the help he need hell offer to pay for damages and medical bills I don't care ill help" "Ok" "Shit i'm late for work I got to go love you dad" "Love you too kid" he says as he kisses my forehead "ill work it out ok" "Ok" I leave and drive to the station.