"Subhadra Mataa!"

"We know! Jyesth Bhrata told us that Pitashree Arjun has returned with a new Mataa for us", the older one whom I was definite, was Bhimsen's son informed me, joyfully, his voice muffled in my saree. 

I think my heart may have melted into a puddle somewhere on the floor. I went down on my knees after removing the little hands and hugged their sweet smelling bodies close to my chest. They reminded me so strongly of my beloved Pradyumna, before he was taken away from us. 

My eyes may have stung a little then as past aches melded into an agonized delight. 

"Oh sweethearts! But how am I your Mataa? I am married to your uncle, my little laddoos."

I voiced my inner confusion as both the boys turned their faces up at me and smiled such wide mouthed, gap toothed smiles that I felt like I could cry. 

"Maa is married to all my Pitashrees and you are married to Pitashree Arjun so that makes you our Mataa too."

"We call them Kakashree sometimes because it gets a little confusing", the younger one, whose name I remembered being Shatanik replied sagely and his brother nodded in agreement. 

But I was too far gone, drowning in baby fever to take note of anything. 

"It is alright, my little ones. You can call me Mataa too."

They chortled in mirth as I showered their upturned faces with kisses, ignoring the sharp agony which lanced through my heart suddenly. It was strange and unknown but something pensive had taken a hold of my mind without consent. 

-----------------------------

I had just walked inside, what I hoped was Arjun's chambers when I heard a loud muffled curse in a familiar voice. I ran in then and almost got a heart attack as the first thing my eyes fell on was blood. 

My husband's blood. 

It was a swirling viscous red and dripping from Parth's fingers as he attempted to stem the flow with his other hand, face drawn in a fierce scowl. He straightened his features remarkably fast on seeing me before raising both his brows at my getup. 

I muttered a curse in my mind and stalked towards him, almost snatching his hand away from his own grasp and wrapped it tightly with the pallu of my saree. What I had forgotten completely was that I should have ripped a part off it, before making it into a makeshift bandage. 

We stood there in silence for just a confounding moment, both bewildered at each other before bursting into laughter. 

Arjun wiped his eyes with his free hand, chuckling madly in between his words as I panted to catch my breath. 

"What are you wearing?", he asked still chortling. 

"Trisha's clothes", I giggled. 

"Who is Trisha?", he raised an eyebrow again.

"My chief handmaiden. Why? You don't like it?", I said coyly, lowering my lashes in a look I knew made my eyes look hooded as I ripped off the piece of the pallu which I had tied to his hand. 

I squeaked the next moment, when I found myself almost getting lifted off my feet in his arms. My toes barely brushed the ground as his lips crashed onto mine with surprising force. All the thoughts of blood and unknown pensiveness evaporated in the sheer rage of his ardour. 

**--**-- (Slightly Mature Content Ahead, 16+ Only)**--**--

I felt myself moan helplessly as his long fingers undid the bun at my nape, removing the chudamani effortlessly and my hair tumbled down my back silkily. All the while our lips remained in an age old battle for dominance.