Wish you were mine |l.m|

Start from the beginning

"I can't remember exactly but it was some sappy romance film, that's for sure. The theatre was pretty full and we happened to get seats next to each other. This bittersweet part came on where the lovers had to split and I remember hearing a sniffle. I looked over to see this one practically sobbing so I quickly reached in my bag—it had to have been spring because I had a shit ton of tissues now that I think about it" you giggle softly.

"Anyways, I just handed her one and when she turned to me—nose dripping mind you—I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from laughing. Once the lights came on, I asked if she was ok because the ending wasn't really definitive. As soon as she started rambling I realized I could listen to her talk forever and I pretty much did considering when we were done talking, the workers had already started cleaning" you recall fondly.

"Alright... I kinda like the way you tell it" she smiles softly, "because I'm a good storyteller, I've been trying to tell you this" you scoff playfully. "And you guys were just instant friends? I mean..." Nine prompts, "what are you trying to say Leslie" Tammy teases. "Leslie... woah" you giggle as you lean into the blonde, trying to stop yourself from embarrassing the other woman.

"Haha. Very funny" Nine ball says, "sorry but it was kinda deserved. Anywho... yeah we were pretty much best friends from the get go. Her... sometimes anal nature gave me pause for a bit there but I let her know I wasn't tolerating it and she hopped on board" you joke. "I am not anal" the blonde argues, "you kinda are, sweetie" Debbie says.

You look at Lou whose eyes are locked on Tammy and the pieces start to fall in place. Your eyes widen a bit and when you realize everyone else seems a bit distracted, you nudge Tammy. She looks at you with confusion and slight concern, you just gesture with your eyes to the blonde again. Tam quickly looks back to you and smirks, that's when you realize just how clueless she is.

You love her but she really does live up to the blonde stereotype sometimes. "Dummy. I'll tell you later" you rolls your eyes, "no, no, what is it?" she asks but you wave dismissively. "Y/n come on" she groans softly, "I said I'll tell you later. Now stop being a brat before I punish you in front of everyone, cause you know I don't mind" you warn her. You'll say this to her from time to time simply because you know she's kinky and think it's the most ironic thing.

It also always produces the desired effect and now is no different. She blushes profusely as she leans away from you and looks down at her lap. Your eyes dart subtly to Lou who has been observing the whole encounter. "Excuse me" she says softly before getting up and heading outside. You know you shouldn't be, but you're amused by her reaction.

Granted what you said was suggestive, but you're certain she couldn't hear you; so she must've assumed you were flirting with Tammy. You two always flirt but it's never really serious... for the most part. No one else seems to notice her agitation, except for Debbie of course because she was sitting next to her. You saw the brunette place her hand on Lou's thigh a bit ago but didn't pay mind to it, now you can see why.

Debbie knows the Aussie likes Tammy, that's why she was the one to suggest they stop sleeping with each other; she could tell it pained their friend. You tell Tam you're gonna step out for some air and she asks if she should come but you assure her it's fine. You slip out and look around for the blonde who you eventually find with a cigarette perched between her fingers.

"Hey" you say calmly and assume she recognizes your voice because she didn't turn around, "hi" she replies coldly. "Everything ok?" you're trying to get her to say it on her own but she doesn't respond. "Is this about Tammy?" you get to the point just to see if she has a reaction and her muscles tense, even though she didn't say anything. "I know you like her" you state, poking the bear is exactly the right thing in this situation.