c h a p t e r e i g h t

Comenzar desde el principio

Kaelyn slightly nodded towards those that did, before continuing to talk.

"However that battle brought mankind closer to victory than ever before. The key was Eren Jaegar."

Mikasa's eyes narrowed when she saw a woman backstage wink towards Kaelyn, causing her to scowl, then continue.

"By risking his own life for mankind, he shows unwavering allegiance to all of us. With his help, not only did we stop the titans' advance, but we've also obtained a key to discovering their true nature."

Gasps could be heard everywhere accompanied with eyes widening.

"We believe that the basement of his old home in Shiganshina holds answers about the Titans that even he doesn't know. If we can reach that basement, we will find clues to ending this game of cat and mouse with the titans."

"His basement?" Reiner mumbled, shock evident in his voice. "We're already that close?"

The speech continued, with a woman and a man coming out with a map, explaining the route, but also the consequences of joining.

Most listened, but as they did so, a small group of people were spacing out
Namely, the top ten and eleventh of ten 104th Training Squad.

"If you are willing to put your life in risk, you are to stay here. Please ask yourselves," the 104th flinched as her eyes landed on them, sharply piercing into their souls.

She continued, although it was like she was speaking exactly to them. "Are you capable of offering your lives for the future of humanity?" Her stern voice rolled over them like waves.

Before long, a small group of people stood before her.

Kaelyn's voice was quiet, apart like a whisper, but it held strength and sternness. "Could you die.... If given the order to do so?"

"We don't want to die!" They chanted loudly and Kaelyn firmly nodded as Erwin walked up behind her.

"Now then, I accept all of you into the Survey Corps. This will be a true salute! Into it, pour your hearts!"

"Sir!" Some of them stood proudly, like Mikasa and Reiner. Others were crying, like Sasha and Krista. And then, there were the ones like Connie and Jean, who have already accepted it.

"You've done well to suppress your terror, newbies." Kaelyn said, a slight smirk on her face.

Erwin nodded. "You are all brave soldiers. You have my greatest respect."

••••• •••••

"Salute!"

Thump went their hands against their chests. "I'm Squad Leader Ness. And this is my favorite horse, Shallot. She likes biting hair, so be careful if you go bald. Nice to-"

At that exact moment, he happened to have his bandana bitten, causing him to lose balance.

His cries of struggle, however, fell upon on deaf ears of his new squad.

"We will be here, right in the middle of everything. Once we exit the the gate, we are to spread out." Kaelyn explained to her squad, which laid out in a small clearing in the forest.

"Wait, why are we being separate soldiers? Wouldn't it be harder to regroup afterwards?" Yvonne exclaimed, sitting upright from her spot in a tree next to Felix.

Kaelyn nodded while re-crossing her legs on a stump. "Right, but we're the elite. We will be meeting in a clearing similar to this one, 1 kilometer from the nearest squad passing at that time before joining the remainder of the Corps."