[ 030 ] honour your anger.

HEARING DAMAGE
ADULT NOLA - CHAPTER THIRTY !

            "I SEE YOU STILL aren't wearing the clothes that were no doubt given to you

            "I SEE YOU STILL aren't wearing the clothes that were no doubt given to you." Annie somewhat jestingly commented as she settled into a slow walk next to the Scatorccio woman, who had yet to change from her negativity filled clothing of the past and into the heliotrope coloured set of pants and a shirt that everyone else at Camp Green Pine wore.

            Her clothing instead consisted of the colour black, symbolising a feeling of darkness and emptiness. Annie didn't need to be the smartest person in the room to recognise that Natalie's choice of clothing was her way of expressing just how lost, lonely and fucked up she felt.

            The black haired woman faltered in her steps for just a moment as she dealt with the surprise of seeing Annie appear out of nowhere. She quickly forced away the raise in her eyebrows and the slack of her jaw as she shrugged her shoulders and sarcastically began to quip. "I'm not really one for engaging in cult--"

            Annie was quick to cut her off. "Intentional community." She stated sharply and with a frown. She didn't appreciate hearing her put down the very place and community that had helped her deal with her past or lack thereof. With a small sigh she continued. "Believe it or not, every single person here sought out Charlotte, not the other way around. We were all dealing with some seriously shitty things and here, we can begin to heal from all that stuff."

The two women had come to a complete stop. Natalie's greyish-blue eyes peered over at the March woman whose shoulders had fallen in defeat as she spoke yet again. "You and Charlotte clearly know each other and you obviously have some reason to not like her, I don't really care but please, just don't put down this place. At least not without giving it a real chance first."

The deepest crease appeared between Natalie's eyebrows. The woman found herself so tempted to tell Nola to just go fuck herself just like she had so many times in the past but...well, that wasn't really Nola anymore. She didn't remember anything, didn't remember her or any horrid, stomach curdling thing they had gone through together.

She could have said no, normally she would have and if it had been Lottie asking her, then she definitely would have said no but as Nola stood there, peering over at her with her big brown eyes and that stupid, hopeful half smile, Natalie couldn't help but roll her eyes and grumble out, "And how would you suggest I do that?"

Annie's smile of hope morphed into a grin of success. "We have activities that you could sign up for." She suggested as she waved her hand in the direction of the main centre. A hearty chuckle left her lips. "Or you could just wear the clothes you were given like the rest of us. They're not gonna burn the ones you're wearing, you know."