Asami thought her words would make her feel better but, in light of other factors, she only felt worse, "That still isn't fair to you Korra. You always do what I want, what everyone wants all the time. I want it to be your turn." 

Korra didn't understand, "I don't know what to say to that." 

Asami stood, rubbing her forehead absentmindedly, "You're so selfless and good all the time, always thinking of others and I love that about you but, it isn't fair." 

Korra still didn't get it, does Asami want to stay or not? Korra didn't know how to respond but she didn't completely understand what Asami was saying either, so she remained quiet. 

"I want you to tell me the truth. I don't want you to always spare my feelings or give me what I want just because you love me and don't want to see me upset. What do you want, Korra?" 

Korra was at a loss for words, opening and closing her mouth repeatedly, meaning to speak but just not finding the words, "I mean, I already told you what I want, Asami but I'm willing to compromise-" 

"You're always compromising!" Asami exclaimed, not yelling at Korra but more so to herself. "Always giving something up for the betterment of others, never complaining or vouching for yourself." 

Korra was so confused, "So you want me to. . . complain?"

Asami let out a sound of frustration, running a hand through her hair before turning to Korra with tears in her eyes, "I want you to fight! To think of yourself, just once, Korra!"

Korra lifted her hands in mock surrender, "Woah, Asami, look all I said was that whatever you want-"

"Stop caring about what I want, Korra. What everyone wants!" She exclaimed. 

Korra realized this wasn't just about the house, it couldn't be. Asami is freaking out over something else, and she has an idea of what it was. 

"Korra," Asami wiped her tears with a shaky hand, "Please just once think of yourself. You've been through so much already. . . too much and I don't know if I can. . ." Asami cried into her hands and Korra rushed over, pulling her body close, holding her steady. 

"Asami," Korra said.

Asami slowly met her eyes. 

Korra closed her eyes, hoping she was wrong, "What did Mako promise you?" 

Asami's body tensed, "Korra, please-"

Korra leaned back, cupping her face, "I'm not mad, but I need you to tell me." 

Asami's lip quivered, and she shook her head, "Once I tell you, you will be mad." 

Korra insisted, "Tell me." 

Promises are a big deal in their culture and their world, and most of their people always keep a promise no matter what. So if Asami tells her, there will be nothing Korra can do and it's that thought that had Asami pull her body from Korra's, hugging herself, that way, she doesn't have to experience Korra pulling away from her first when she tells her. 

"No," Korra pulled her back, holding her tight with no intentions of letting her go, "No." 

"Korra. . . I'm sorry," Asami breathed out.

"What are you apologizing for?" Korra asked confused. 

"I only want you to be okay, always. I can't lose you again." Asami explained. 

Korra tightened her hold, "What did he promise?" 

Asami looked at her with guilty eyes, "I made him promise to save you. . . no matter the cost. Regardless of whether or not I'm in danger, or taken, or anything else that happens for the rest of our lives. . . always save you."