𝟭𝟲 | 𝘕𝘖𝘔𝘜𝘚: 𝘍𝘖𝘙𝘊𝘌𝘋 𝘛𝘖𝘎𝘌𝘛𝘏𝘌𝘙

I hopelessly sighed, leaning onto the railings of the balcony. Shoving my head into my hands.

Very... Very slow progress...
Almost as if nothing was done.

Hawks had told me he scouted almost the whole city during his patrol, and would soon move unto a new area as soon as he was done with this one.

I bit my lip, I deeply felt guilty troubling Hawks with my problems.
But in the end it was his job anyway, so who cares.

I went back inside the hotel room that I was staying in for a little while, Hawks and I decided it would be best that I moved place to place.

So here I am in this hotel that he booked. Alone.

I personally thought that it didn't make anything better, it just made me anxious. I was more worried that the league of villains would be disguised as the staff and I would get kidnapped.

The thought of that didn't let me sleep at all the whole night I stayed, so in return - I was punished with dark circles underneath my eyes.

An old radio buzzes in the corner of the room, and would come to life soon.

It's been 4 days.

It may not seem big, but whatever they may do to Eugene - could kill him and we would be too late.

_

EUGENE'S SOMEWHERE OUT THERE
(HIS POV)

I felt like a rat as I crawled in this hellhole, I knew I was next. The deafening screams from the other room next to mine drove my worn body to move.

The cold material of the shock collar rendered me weak, stinging my reddened skin, activating my quirk just electrocuted me. So my quirk was useless here.

Fear struck my core like a double edged sword, and this adrenaline pushed me to lift my body up.

I finally made it to the door.

"Fuck..." I muttered as I forced myself up from the floor using the door knob as support. I glared at the only thing keeping me locked in here, then observed my surroundings.

'Will breaking the handle open the door..? Fuck it.'

I figured that leaving the room would probably set off an alarm, and I looked for ways to get the collar off my neck.

I growled in frustration, not thinking of any proper ideas that doesn't require me to bang my head against some solid object.

.
.

I shook my head, I'll just deal with it later.

Instead of following my original plan, i started kicking on the door, banging my foot against the door.

I took a few steps back, feeling energy surge through my whole body and power my legs; I ran towards the door like a maniac with rabies kicking it down.

And for once I finally did something.

I quickly covered my mouth and nose when I smelt a strong metallic scent, I gagged to myself but kept it in.

'Right... Vent.'

As I ran through the place I realised that I was probably in a warehouse, I wasnt quite sure since the area was broad. My feet immediately halts when I hear a few voices from the other side of the wall.

I quickly hid myself behind anything that I could find.

"Subject 82 is rejecting fusion with Subject 76, we had to apprehend and force them together and in the end they both corrupted. Another failed nomu."