Chapter 1: First day

En başından başla

"Morning, sis," Ava greeted, opening her arms for a hug. Bailey gladly accepted it, feeling a surge of comfort in her sister's embrace. "Good morning Avs."

"Alright everyone, it's time to go." Isaac declared, slinging his backpack over his shoulder. Leo and Ava hurried over to their dad, wrapping him in a quick hug before darting out the door with a burst of excitement. "Slow down, you two! We don't need any accidents, on the first day of school." Isaac warned, chasing after them and waving back at their dad before heading out the door.

"It'll be okay, sweetheart. Trust me," her dad reassured Bailey, enveloping her in a comforting hug.

"I hope so," Bailey replied, reluctantly letting go of her father's embrace. He offered her a reassuring smile.

"Oh, yeah. You know I won't be home after school, right?" her dad said, a hint of uncertainty in his voice. "Yeah, I know," Bailey replied, feeling a wave of sadness wash over her.

Seeing her reaction, her father gently placed his hands on her cheeks. "Everything will be fine," he reassured her, offering a comforting smile.

"But I'll be back in time to make dinner, okay?" he added.

"Okay," Bailey said, managing a smile in return.

"Alright, Dad. But I really gotta go now. Love you," Bailey said, slinging her backpack over her shoulder and heading towards the door.

"Love you too, Bails," her dad called after her as she headed out the door.

Bailey sat in the front seat of the car as they made their way to drop off Leo and Ava first. Glancing behind her, she saw Leo and Ava in the back seat, full with excitement about going back to school. She wished she could feel the same, but the thought of going to school filled her with dread.

After about a 10-minute drive, they arrived at Leo and Ava's school. They all got out of the car, Bailey and Isaac helping Leo and Ava getting their stuff out the car. "Okay, so when school is done, you'll wait here, okay? I'll try to come as fast as possible so you guys don't have to wait very long," Isaac said, crouching down in front of them. "Promise me you'll stay here and DON'T go with anyone else, okay?" His tone was serious.

"Yes, we promise," Leo and Ava said simultaneously. Bailey and Isaac gave them both a tight hug before reluctantly heading back to the car, watching them enter the building with a sense of ease.

As they drove away from the building, Bailey glanced at her brother and a smile lit up her face. She couldn't help but feel grateful for having such an awesome big brother. Sure, he might seem tough on the outside with his brown curly hair and piercing green eyes, but deep down, he had the biggest heart. He always did his best for everyone and never hesitated to lend a helping hand wherever he could.

After another 5 to 10-minute drive, they finally arrived at school. As they pulled into the parking lot of Winsmor High School, Bailey's anxiety began to intensify.

The car came to a stop, and Bailey found herself staring out the window without moving a muscile looking at the imposing school building, adorned with a large banner that said "Welcome Winsmore High School students."

"Bailey, everything will be okay," her brother said, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. Bailey turned around to face her brother.

"Yeah, easy for you to say. You're propably already Mr. Popular around here. Making friends is like second nature to you," Bailey replied, her nerves evident in her voice.

"Bailey, don't be so hard on yourself. You've got what it takes to make friends too. You just need to put yourself out there. I mean, who wouldn't want to be friends with you? You're sweet, caring, funny, and so much more," Isaac said, offering her an encouraging smile.

Bailey let out a sigh. "Thanks, Isaac," Bailey said, returning the smile. "And yeah,  promise me you will call or text me if anything is wrong."

"I will." You said giving him a smile.

You both stepped out of the car and headed towards the entrance. "I'll see you after school, okay?" Isaac said, giving her a reassuring smile before walking off.

Bailey was about to turn around to go look for the office when she accidentally bumped into someone, causing their books to scatter to the ground.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to!" Bailey exclaimed, quickly crouching down to help gather the fallen books.

"It's okay, don't worry about it," a kind voice replied as the person knelt down beside her to retrieve their things.

Once the books were collected, they both stood up, and Bailey felt her cheeks burn with embarrassment of what just happend. As she looked at the girl in front of her with her friends just behind her. The girl was very beautifuln she had a darker skin tone and beautiful dark hair that was put back in a ponytail. Shewas wearing a beautiful pair of crème pants and a crème crop top with long sleeves.Bailey knew for certain that she knew her from somewhere and also her friendsshe was with but she couldn't seem to know from where.

"I'm really sorry," Bailey repeated, handing the girl her books.

"Don't sweat it. Accidents happen," the girl said with a friendly smile, which Bailey returned gratefully, still feeling a bit flustered. They gave each other one last smile before going their seperate ways.

As they parted ways, Bailey took one last glance at the group and suddenly it hit her like a bolt of lightning. She couldn't believe she hadn't recognized them sooner! They were from that awesome new show that premiered last January, Percy Jackson. OMG, how could she have missed it? She was seriously obsessed with that show!

Bailey walked around the school for about 2 minutes when she finally found the office.

Ella <3

Hi guys, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter and let me know what you think of it. Also go check out the warnings of this story and let me know if you think some are extreme (obviously no smut) and don't want them in this story, so I can change the plot a little bit. Thanks for reading <3.

 Thanks for reading <3