01. THE GAMBLE

TWENTY REASONS

✩。:*•. ──────────  ☆ ──────────.•*:。✩

    IF THERE WAS ONE THING Alina Kennedy couldn't stand more than sixth year boys, it was one group of boys in particular. James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew always seemed to be someplace they shouldn't be. Example: the library where Alina was currently studying.

She had a potions test the next morning but at the rate she was going, she was going to fail. And it was no thanks to that obnoxious group of boys; the Marauders they called themselves. Alina nearly scoffed.

What a stupid name she thought, just as a loud laugh rung out, making her lose focus again and clench her fist. She knew she shouldn't; she knew she should have just ignored the idiots and kept studying. But the fire inside of her burned and she couldn't help it. Whipping around, she stood and shouted at their table,

"Hey! Dipshits? Do you mind? Some of us are trying to study," She snapped, making all of their attention turn to her. And she instantly regretted speaking up when she saw Sirius Black smirk, knowing nothing good ever came out of that smirk.

Upon seeing the girl, Sirius felt his heart race. Her bright red curly hair was just as fiery as her attitude today, he noted. And just like always, her sharp green eyes drew him in, and he couldn't resist floating over to her table, James Potter snickering as he watched his best friend.

"Go get her tiger," James encouraged in the background, although he knew it wasn't likely. Just like Lily Evans to him, Alina Kennedy did not like Sirius Black. Everyone knew that she thought he and his entire group of friends were annoying.

But that never stopped Sirius. He had continued to peruse the girl ever since fifth year, coming back stronger after each rejection. And speaking of which, he slid in the chair next to Alina and smirked.

"Well, well, looks like the tigress has her claws out today," Sirius leaned back coolly, watching as Alina turned to him; completely annoyed.

"What do you want, Black?" She rolled her eyes as she chewed on her quill, green eyes narrowing in annoyance.

"Why you of course. As always," Sirius replied smoothly. Alina scoffed, shaking her head.

"That the best you got?" She raised an eyebrow. "The line about my butt last week was better than that." And of course, not that she'd ever admit it, but Alina remembered every single thing Sirius Black had said to her. She didn't know why, but she could recall every pickup line on every specific date.