ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

Start from the beginning

"Oh." Suhyeok's throat became dry as he cleared it. "You have Volleyball practice at lunch today?"

"Yeah. We've got a match next weekend." Tae groaned. "I like volleyball but honestly, I wouldn't be doing it if Jin hyung didn't do any sport-"

"That's good, Volleyball seems fun."

"-Meaning that I want to drop out."

"But why?" Suhyeok asked as the two boys made their way upstairs. "You're the captain as well as that you're the best player on the team!"

"I was only made captain because the captain last month got banned from the team as he rigged a match we had." Tae reminded him. "I only joined this year anyway."

"Still." Suhyeok shrugged. "You're still really good."

Tae sighed as he walked into his classroom, Suhyeok trailing behind him. The english teacher, Ms. Park wasn't there yet.

Tae thought English was useless to him. He had been sent to an american boarding school when he was 8 for two years, giving him time to learn the language and American culture. He thought it sucked. Especially the thought of people breaking in the school for school shootings. The thought of that sickened him to think people would do that.

Looking around the classroom, the majority of the class was already there. Maybe a few missing but most of them were there. A few people nodded their heads his way as a greeting and he just gave a polite smile back. A slam of the door caught his attention when Nayeon came in, storming up to her desk where Gyeongsu was sitting currently.

Tae shook his head as he slowly made his way over where Suhyeok already was.

"Hey! Get off there, you stink."

Tae stiffled a laugh at Nayeon's choice of words as he watched from the side, leaning on the teacher's desk.

Gyeongsu looked awkward and embarrassed as he apologised lightly. "Oh, okay, my bad. What's even the big deal? Sorry." He said, whiping her table with his arm.

"Cut it out! You're so dirty." Nayeon yelled, grabbing her bad off the desk.

At this, Tae stood up straight. "Nayeon, please don't." He warned to the girl who gave him a small glance but shrugged it off.

"Hey, just let it go." Cheongsan told Nayeon, wrapping his arms around Gyeongsu who just stood there.

"What did I do that was so wrong? Huh? What did I do-"

"Hey, you punks, take your seats, hurry up, move it." The english teacher came in at that time, causing everyone to go back to their seats.

"Hello, everyone, please hand in your phones." She pulled out a box for phones as people started making their way to the front. Namra gestured for Tae's phone as Tae was sitting next to her and Tae gave her his other phone, his more frequently used one in his pocket, powered off.

"Has anyone been in contact with Hyeonju?" Ms. Park asked. "She didn't get home last night."

Murmurs of no spread through the classroom as Joonyeong spoke up. "Uhm. We cleaned the science lab together yesterday but I haven't seen her since."

Ms. Park sighed. "Okay... If anyone hears from her sometime in the next few days, let me know, alright?"

Voices of yes came from the class as Ms. Park brought out her phone to send something to the group chat. "Exams start next week so get your act together."