𝚂𝙴𝚁𝙴𝙽𝙸𝚃𝚈 ᥫ᭡ | 013.

Start from the beginning

the friend group consisted of caelynn (of course), the boys, and recently santayla, dehja and essence have been tagging along because they were tired of sitting alone in the cafeteria. the last addition to their group are more of caelynn's new friends she's been talking to from her classes: yazira, arenity, xyairah, 𝙣𝙖𝙫𝙖𝙚, and 𝙙𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙨. navae is the only other junior out of the them and her and caelynn share their seventh period together: broadcast journalism.

navae sits at the table with caelynn and santayla. she's more on the shy side so she has trouble making new friends and doesn't have too many. caelynn's taken it upon herself to befriend her and try to bring her more out of her shell.

as for danaris.. he's a senior. he's in caelynn's calculus class. she befriended him mainly because mezekiah keeps having her sit by him, but sometimes when his friends come around, he doesn't pay her too much of his mind. so she needed someone else to talk to in times like those, and that's where danaris came in. it started off with him asking for homework answers then they clicked it off after that.

they made it to the cafeteria doors where jalen, yannis, xavion and dehja were already waiting.

navae was standing at her locker across from them, but she was too nervous to go over and stand with dehja and the boys on her own. she's closer to caelynn than anyone else, so she was waiting for caelynn to arrive, and when she saw her, that's when she also went over.

caelynn smiled at the sight of her, making her naturally smile back.

"where's santayla and essence?" caelynn asked dehja.

she chuckled, "their teacher gave them a ticket out the door question so they're still coming down from a-hall."

"a-hall? damn, bruh. i'm hungry," jalen huffed.

"our food's ready too," yannis informed everyone.

"i told you it'd be ready on time," caelynn told him.

he chuckled and waved her off.

they rarely ate inside the cafeteria. they always go off campus to eat elsewhere. their school food isn't horrible or anything, but when you have options like chick-fil-a, chipotle, canes and so on nearby . . why eat at the school when they could go eat there instead?

"we're here," santayla announced her and essence's arrival. "come on."

"where y'all finna go?" janova asked as she saw them walking away from the cafeteria. zakiar had went inside already to join the rest of their group, but her and brycier hung back for a small second to talk to their first period teacher who was on this floor. by the time they were walking back, they were seeing caelynn and her friends leaving the lunch room behind.

"to shacks," xavion answered.

janova looked at brycier before hurrying after the leaving teens. "i wanna come!"

brycier also debated, looking back and forth from the cafeteria doors to caelynn and her friends. then he decided to go after them too.

him and janova will be joining them for lunch today.