- you ignorant fuck -

Comenzar desde el principio

"I'm sure you would, Pope, but can I please present you with my evidence, sir?" John B asks, standing up from where he was sat. He walked over to Pope.

"Proceed."

"All right. So, in Emi's backpack, I've got a letter from Denmark Tanny." John B opens the bag, pulling out the letter.

"You took my bag, again?" She mumbles, leaning onto JJ's shoulder.

"Shut up, you have more room in yours." He says, rolling his eyes playfully. He didn't wanna treat her differently just cause of whatever had happened.

"Okay so, who the hell's that?" Kie asks, cutting off the siblings.

"Denmark Tanny was a slave that survived the Royal Merchant wreck." JB explains, opening up the letter and handing to the two Pogues.

"Check this out."

Kie grabs the letter, showing it to Pope as she read.

"Okay, slaves weren't mentioned as crew members on the ship, but my Dad? He found the complete manifest."

"That was his big discovery."

Pope looked at him, waiting for him to say more.

"So, Tanny used the gold from the Merchant to buy his freedom." JB whistles. "After that, he bought his farm."

"Drumroll please, because that farm is..."

Everybody looks at him in expectancy, slapping their knees jokingly.

"Tannyhill Plantation."

"Tannyhill?" Kie asks, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yeah, so after that, he used his money to free even more slaves. And then he sold a shit-ton of rice, which pisses off all the white planters."

"Bird? Nobody cares about the minor details, just get to the point." Melia sighs, running her hand through her hair. JJ rubs her shoulder gently, she was minutes away from snapping.

"And then- they decided to lynch him." He finishes, ignoring his sister.

Pope and Kiara look up at him, unsure on what he was saying.

"So - on the day they were coming to get him, he writes a letter to his son as a farewell." He gestures to the letter in Kie's hands.

"And in the last line of that letter? He left a coded message about where to find the gold."

Kiara grins, looking between them all. "Where?"

"Harvest the wheat in parcel nine, near the water." Melia says, looking down at the fire.

"Except... There's no wheat."

"You see, wheat is code for gold. Check this out." John B says, pointing at the symbol at the bottom of the letter.

"All we need is an original survey map of the property, and we've found the gold!" JB laughs, sitting back down beside his sister.