act one finale | 第十

┏┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┓Chapter Ten┗┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┛

┏┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┓
Chapter Ten
┗┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┛

Comments motivate me! Do comment as it would mean faster updates ^^

"You must be tired," Dion murmured softly, as he brushed Y/n's loose strands of hair behind his ear. Dion had brought Y/n to one of the guest rooms— assuring that Y/n would soon get one of his own, right opposite his. It made Y/n a little comforted but mystified; was he truly living in the Imperial Palace now? Was he truly—

The Royal Advisor. Y/n had read about it in history books— a role that had gone unused for generations and generations. None were qualified enough—there were none that the Emperor trusted enough to entrust such an important role. In fact, the Advisor role was really only used when there was no consort. If the Emperor was married, the consort would be performing the duties the Advisor was supposed to do.

And in this case, Dion's declaration meant..z

Y/n clutched the coat draped around his body a little tighter. He was safe. Safe from Loren. Safe from his family. Safe with Dion..the words repeated like a mantra over and over in his head. He felt an overwhelming sense of relief and pure, unbridled happiness. There were no words that could be used to describe the bountiful feelings that were buried in the pits of his stomach. Y/n was so utterly grateful to be reunited with Dion; he was willing to overlook the terrifying aspect of their relationship..

"Don't think too much." Dion frowned, "look. There's a crease between your eyebrows." He pressed his palm on Y/n's forehead, as if checking for a fever. Y/n was almost certain he had one. He felt rather light on his feet—head practically burned. The only thing keeping him on his feet right now was Dion's hold.

"...I don't think I'm qualified, Dion." Y/n said at last, shaking his head—was it okay to call him Dion? Should Y/n be calling him a formal title like Your Majesty? And how much would his life change? The wealthy man he saved whom he assumed was a powerful noble turned out to be the fabled Emperor—cold, guarded, dangerous. The stability amongst the treacherous sea of political waves. Any other novels in the court did not dare oppose the Emperor. And the supposedly cold-hearted man was...

..Kissing his forehead.

"Shh," Dion assured gently, a small smile on his face mixed in with slight worry at Y/n's apparent fever—"you are. The books I gave you are already the basics—if not harder. You clearly surpassed my expectations. So now focus on resting. Whatever you want, you shall have."

Right.

Y/n had somehow managed to successfully avert his fate; somehow managed to earn the affections of the Emperor who was willing to do anything for him.