第九

┏┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┓Chapter Nine┗┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┛

┏┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┓
Chapter Nine
┗┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┛

Comments motivate me! Do comment as it would mean faster updates ^^

warnings; violence; blood, gore; mention of abuse, torture

"Call for us...you say? Must be about the approval of the Vestalis Project." Loren let go of Y/n, making him tumble on the floor.

The Emperor called them—the Emperor had summoned them to the palace. This usually meant a few things: number one, it was to discuss an upcoming plan or project. Number two: the person was of an extremely high social standing and was visiting as a guest. And number three...

They were summoned because the Emperor wanted to see them.

Loren thought it was about the Vestalis Family Project—to bring both stakeholders there and to discuss the legitimacy of the arrangement and the marriage. He merely seemed annoyed he had been interrupted; and not a single bit worried.

But Y/n knew.

Dion was—

Is Dion calling me? Is Dion the Emperor? Or is it like Loren said—summoning us just for the approval of the project..?

"You're in luck this time," Loren hissed, "you won't be so lucky next time."

Y/n was petrified—was Dion mad at him? Did Dion hate him? Was this his chance to escape? Had the chance come closer than he expected? He had anticipated the ball, but—

"See if there's any make-up to cover your wounds," Loren said disdainfully, "actually, forget it. The Emperor won't be giving you a glance. Why would he want to look at someone like you? I'm lucky to get an audience with him."

Loren was right. Why would the Emperor want to look for him? The Emperor—assuming he was Dion—was powerful. Astonishingly handsome; the wealthiest man in the Empire. And for him to take interest in a mere person like Y/n—

Y/n could feel the doubt eating away at his mind. He could feel his confidence spiraling down. Loren was right. He looked pathetic. There was dried blood on his cracked lips. His hair was messy—there were bruises blossoming on his body. No matter how someone saw it, he did not look worthy to stand in front of nobility—much less the Emperor.

His reflection seemed to incessantly taunt him: on one hand, he wanted to look cheerful and presentable in front of Dion—on the other hand, he wanted to rip himself into shreds to get rid of Loren's dirty desire. His features seemed to get increasingly warped as he stared at it.