pleasant surprise

your POV:

I stir awake sitting up to look around, I was still in Alastors room and he wasn't there. I attempt to stand off the bed my whole body aching from yesterday, my thighs are basically screaming right now and the bite marks on my neck are a sight for sore eyes.

there was a note on the nightstand by the bed along with some flowers, classic red roses. they were simple but beautiful, I picked up the note to read it "I hope you rested well and that these flowers bring you a smile, I have gone to run some errands, I shall be back before noon, I'll see you in a few my dear~"

how funny that a man not well familiar with the feeling of love or romance is so good at it, I wonder how he got flowers down here in hell or the fact there are flowers in hell at all. I shouldn't question it, looking down I forgot that I wasn't wearing any clothes, I also forgot that the only piece of clothing I had was torn in half. great! option one is to book it to my room wearing nothing, steal Alastors clothes, or try to salvage what's left on the dress.

let's face it that dress is gone, and Angel will kill me for it. so I decided to snoop through Alastors wardrobe, finding a white button up on a hanger I snatched it off and slipped it on. it was too big but beggars can't be choosers, hurrying out of Alastors room I quickly ran to my hotel room, making it without being spotted I changed into my clothes, something simple and covered as I had decided to go out and buy Angel a new dress after Alastors made quick work of it.

I knew it wasn't a good idea to go out by myself, Alastor forbade it and I could understand why, after the Valentino incident he wanted to make sure that I never went anywhere without him for my safety. but with my stubborn self and the determination I had to replace that dress, I went out anyways.

Alastors POV:

walking the streets of hell I headed for cannibal town, I wanted to surprise y/n with a new dress and maybe a new suit for me to match, I had the perfect Idea for a date and it had been a while since she and I had gone out. I also needed to fill Rosie in on my and y/n's relationship status, her advice proved to be quite useful and I needed to properly thank her.

I open the coffin shaped doors to her emporium and walk in to see her helping a customer, I wait patiently before she turns her attention to me, pushing people aside to hug me. "Alastor! what a pleasure, here to finally replace your old suit" she teased giving me a toothy grin "You wound me so my dear, and here I thought you liked my suit" She brushed some dust off my shoulder "Well you could use a change, but what can I do for ya" "perhaps I was here for a new suit and maybe a dress for y/n, you know something nice to match" her face instantly lit up "oh please do tell me all the details~"

dragging me to a table I take a seat. "you will be pleased to know I have taken your advice and successfully courted her" "See I told you she would accept! She was a good one I just knew it" A good one indeed, it's nice to know y/n had Rosie's approval from day one, Rosie can be a bit judgmental in a friendly way... giving you suggestions that she feels you need even if you don't need them. it does my heart good to see her as excited on the topic of y/n as I am. "now about that suit, I think I have just the thing!".

your POV:

Angel told me about a store not too far from the hotel that he liked to get his clothes from so that was the first place I went to look for something of his style, walking into the store there were clothes of all types from lingerie to formal. heading to the section of the store where the dresses were, my eyes set on a black velvet fishtail dress, the hips had cutouts with gold chains to accentuate the hips and a deep open backing.

it was perfect, it was beautiful, and it screamed Angel. I quickly picked one in his size and rushed to the register to pay, dating an overlord had its advantages one of them being that Alastor had an almost endless supply of money that he so generously gave me access to. I didn't have much of a use for it up until now, paying and leaving the store, I carry a pink bag with the dress inside skipping like I just bought the most valuable thing in the world.