Better Path

THE FOLLOWING MONDAY

Eve: *bites into her pancake* Ahri dear? Have you heard?

Ahri: *mouth full of pancakes* Mm-mm.

Eve: Looks like Kaaru got into a fight.

Ahri: *almost choked on her food before washing it down with orange juice* Huh?! Is he okay?!

Eve: Ho, boy is he?~

Ahri: Eve! Just tell me!

Eve: *hands Ahri her phone* Look for yourself.

Ahri puts her fork down and grabs Eve's phone. She presses play on the video as she sees Yasuo and Kaaru in each other's faces. Well more like Yasuo standing over Kaaru.

Ahri: Yasuo, what are you doing?

She then sees Kaaru push Yasuo down and take off his hoodie, leaving him shirtless. Ahri blushes hard looking at his rock abs before a look of concern washed over her as Yasuo charges at him. She then gasps as she sees Kaaru pick up Yasuo like he weighed nothing and slammed him on the ground before straddling him and beating the shit out of him. The video ends with Ekko and Akali pulling him off of what looks to be a knocked out Yasuo. Ahri hands Eve her phone back as they start talking about it.

Ahri: When did this happen? He's like a whole different person than when I met him on Friday.

Eve: Good question. I think they said it happened on Saturday. When a whole bunch of people were having fun at the gym. And I wonder what got him angry enough to fight Yasuo like that. He seemed pretty passive to me.

Ahri: Me too. Should we ask? If we see him today?

Eve: That's all you Gumiho, I'm pretty sure I'm the last person he wants to see.

Ahri: *deadpans* That was completely your fault. And you know that.

AT KAARU'S APARTMENT NEXT DOOR

Kaaru: *looking in the mirror* Okay Kaaru...you don't need the weed. You can make it through the day without it. If shit happens, it happens. Make an effort. You're not in Noxus anymore. *deep breath* Okay. I can do this. It's about time I left this mask behind...for good.

Kaaru has a couple sausage dogs for breakfast, brushes his teeth again, then exits his door.

Kaaru: *mumbling* New day-

Kaaru looks up as he makes eye contact with Ahri as Eve walks out their door. The two stare at each other like deer caught in headlights as Eve gets confused before noticing that Kaaru was right there.

Eve: Oh..

Kaaru: 0_0.....So...uhhh..nice morning we're having..

Ahri: We saw the video.

Kaaru: *sighs* Straight to the point huh? Yeah, I beat the shit outta that guy.

Eve: Why? We don't exactly have the full story.

Kaaru: It was after my second freestyle that the ass came about our group talkin shit. Then he put hands on Akali. *Ahri and Eve look confused* You guys don't know her? *they shake their heads* Well she's pretty cool, she can rap her ass off. Anyway he put hands on her and insulted me, so I stepped up to him. He pushed my shoulder but I didn't move. Akali then tried to stop a fight from happening. Then he put hands on her again, Ekko tried to hold me back, but let go cuz I told him to. Then I beat that guy's ass. There, that's the full story. So yeah, it was self defense in a way.

Eve: He deserved it. *walks away*

Ahri: You wanna come with us to school?

Kaaru: What other choice do I have? Oh and about Friday.