Chapter 2 - Kunimari Village

Bắt đầu từ đầu

The hashira decided to leave Giyu and Shinobu be, Aoi wrapped Rengoku's scratches but couldn't put any antiseptic on it as that was locked in a cabinet in Shinobu's office

In the Morning....

Shinobu had woken up from her slumber

Shinobu Pov:

Last night, I had a really good dream about Nee-san, I think it was the first good dream after the nightmares I got everyday of her blaming me for her death, but that wouldn't be so far off from the truth, If only I didn't have this pathetic body with this pathetic strength to work with, I doubt i should even have the title of Hashira! Sigh I even disturbed Tomioka-san and he even had to comfort me, speaking of which....

Oh my, I'm in his arms! Well.. he really is a kind person to comfort me during my pathetic breakdown, I never knew he could be so considerate.

I try my best to get out of the very compromising position, good thing no one saw us like this, Mitsuri-san wouldn't let me hear the end of it if she walked in on us. I tried to get up, however my leg was numb and I crashed into Tomioka-san....

"Mmmmgh" Tomioka groaned as he rubbed his head

"Ara~ Tomioka-san good morning!"

"Sigh Good morning, Kocho, how are you feeling?"

I think he's asking me about how I was crying because of Kanae

"I'm feeling much better Tomioka-san, thank you for asking." I said with a smile, not one of my fake smiles this time, but a real and genuine one. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I gave a genuine smile. Nothing seemed to amuse me after... that day.

Giyu's pov:

That smile... I could tell that it was a genuine one, I don't know when the last time she let out a real smile but it must've been a long time. I'm glad she's feeling better. It does wonders when there is someone there for you during your harsh times, I really do hope someone better than me is the one to be there for her.

"That's nice" I tell her (he's answering her after she said "I'm feeling much better Tomioka-san")

"Oh my Tomioka-san, I just realized that you spoke more than 5 words in a single minute! That must be a record for you, am I right?"

Truth is, I do not enjoy talking to people, however since it's her I catch myself talking more than I'd like to, so i decide to be quiet this time around.

"...."

"Oh my Tomioka-san, it's quite rude to ignore-"

"CAW CAW, JOINT MISSION! HEAD NORTH TO KUNIMARI VILLAGE, DEMON SIGHTINGS, CAW CAW!"

It was my crow, Kanzaburou.

"Kocho! We have to go otherwise lives will be at risk!." I remember the 2 siblings I saved a year ago, If I had only been there a few moments sooner maybe i could've actually been useful with my skills as being a hashira but no, I was too late and the siblings entire family had gotten killed.

Not only that but the sister was also turned into a demon, what i don't get is how she was turned, From what I've learned only demon's with high concentrations of Kibutsuji's blood cells can turn normal people into demons, so going by that logic it's possible that a Lower Moon was the one that slaughtered the family.

However If that were true then the sister would have a more demonic form but she looks like a normal human but with a few key differences, so if we exclude the Lower Moons the only other group of demons that have a higher concentration of Kibutsuji's blood cells would be,..