𝟎𝟎𝟏

Opal Jones. Sister of Jughead and Jellybean Jones, daughter of FP Jones and Gladys Jones. A girl who always acted fun, carefree, and sweet. But all laughs aside, she is a very depressing and a very sad girl who just hid behind all the smiles and energy. She never has energy; she just acts like it. Opal has always acted like a child, but deep down she is a just an angsty teen who lives a "loner" life. 

When she was little, her and her little sister Jellybean (who is now wanting her nickname to be JB) was taken away from Riverdale by their mother to Toledo, leaving Jughead and FP by themselves. Until now...

"Jellybelly! Did you steal my snake switchblade again?!" Opal shouted towards Jellybean who was in another room. Jellybean walks into her Opal's room who was by her suitcase which was on the bed, opened with clothes and accessories in it. Jellybean hands Opal her switchblade, "Here. And don't call me that. It's JB."

Opal chuckles, "Yeah, that's never gonna happen." She ruffles Jellybean's hair making the little girl huff in annoyance as she leaves the room.

Opal laughs before stopping and having a soulful look. She sighs before looking down at her suitcase then putting her switchblade in it. Opal was sad she was leaving her sister and mother, but she was excited to see her brother and father, even though she knew that he started drinking.

Opal took one last look around her room in Toledo, feeling a pang of sadness as she realized she was leaving behind the only family she had known for years. She zipped up her suitcase, making sure to pack the few belongings that held sentimental value to her – a faded photograph of her, Jughead, and Jellybean as kids, and a bracelet her father gave her on her birthday.

Opal took a deep breath and reminded herself that this was a chance for her to reconnect with her estranged family back in Riverdale. She knew it wouldn't be easy, especially considering the strained relationship she had with her father, FP, after he had spiraled into alcoholism following their mother's decision to take Jellybean and her to Toledo.

She grabs her suitcase and steps out of her room. Opal goes over to Jellybean who was in her room. "Hey, I'm leaving now." Jellybean gets off her bed before going over to her big sister to give her a hug goodbye. "I'm gonna miss you, Opi." That was Jellybean's nickname for Opal. She has been calling her that since 3. "I'm gonna miss you too, Jellybelly." Opal smiles before she lets go of the hug.

Opal goes outside the house so she could leave and say bye to her mother. Opal goes over to Gladys who was talking to a "Toldeo Serpent" which is a Serpent but in Toledo, obviously.

"Mom? Can I speak to you for a moment?" Opal asked as she hold her suitcase. She didn't have much since she does not have money, only like, 5 to 10 dollars. Gladys signals the Serpent to leave her and her daughter to talk. "I just wanted to say goodbye." Opal messes with the handle of her suitcase feeling a bit awkward as she purses her lips into a thin line.

Gladys pulls her oldest child into a hug. "Love you and say hi to FP and Jughead for me."

"Love you, too. And I will." Opal pulls away from the hug with her mother, but not before her mother pats her on the back as they hug. "Bye, mom."

"Bye, sweetheart."

Opal walks away from her mother to her truck and puts her suitcase in the back before getting in the driver's seat. She pulls out and leaves what she called home. 

 note! ✮⋆˙
this was more of a
prologue than a
chapter but yk..