[ 031 ] gatherer of ivory.

HEARING DAMAGE
TEEN NOLA - CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE !

            IT WAS TO PRESERVE her memory, Stevie told herself, convinced herself

IT WAS TO PRESERVE her memory, Stevie told herself, convinced herself. Something to remember her by. That was the excuse the young McClane girl had given herself when she stepped out into the freezing cold the morning after their insatiable feast of the flesh. The snow had crunched obnoxiously loud beneath her feet as she trudged toward the picked clean body of Jackie Taylor.

Not a single speck of meat was attacked to her bones. She looked as though she had been feasted upon by a pack of wild animals and in some ways, she had been. The stomach gnawing starvation they had all been dealing with had finally gotten the best of them, had taken over their rational thinking and tapped into their primal instincts.

It had occurred to Stevie later on that night, after they had all retreated back into the cabin, that they would most likely get rid of Jackie's body. She wasn't sure how yet but she wanted something, a little reminder of the girl and the sacrifice she had made for them all. Her mind then drifted back to the set of canine teeth she had ripped from the gums of the dead wolf that had attacked and nearly killed Van. She'd taken those as a keepsake, something to remind herself of what they had survived.

Her pale white fingertips, that were on the verge of losing all feeling due to the biting cold that was the harsh weather they now endured, reached forward and peeled open the already slacked jaw of the Taylor girl. With her skin and flesh completely removed, Jackie was completely unrecognisable. She was just a bloodied up husk, void of anything that resembled who she was before.

With little hesitation, Stevie quickly gripped onto one of the teeth that sat at the back of Jackie's mouth. Due to the fact that her body had been cooked, the muscle that ran through her mouth had loosened considerably allowing Stevie to rip the tooth from the root with only minimal effort. She did this a couple more times, always taking from the back of the mouth to avoid the missing teeth being noticed.

She had just barely finished obtaining the fourth and last tooth when the cabin door creaked open and out walked a disturbed and jittery looking Natalie. Fearing she was about to be caught red handed, Stevie quickly shoved the small collection deep into the fur lined pocket of her padded jacket as she shuffled away from Jackie's body for the last time.

Thankfully for her, Natalie had been far too preoccupied with stumbling to the steps of the porch, her eyes widened in an almost shell shocked manner.

It wasn't long until another girl exited the cabin. A tired looking Taissa made her way out, seeming relatively calm despite the gnarly events of the night prior. Her feet came to a sudden and loud stop once her eyes landed upon the picked apart bones only feet away.

"What the fuck?" She cried out, her voice cracking. Her gaze bounced wickedly fast between the two girls, both of whom stared at her in confusion. "Guys, what the fuck is that?"