𝟬𝟬𝟮. dragonback

CHAPTER TWODragonback

CHAPTER TWO
Dragonback

125 after the conquest
dragonpit, king's landing

SINCE HEARTFYRE was officially claimed, for technically the first time ever, by Saera Targaryen around ten moons ago, she tried to regularly invite Jaehaera and her brothers to come to the Dragonpit. Aegon, Helaena, and Aemond were all invited occasionally too. None of the royal families Prince's or Princesses had lessons with their dragons today but Saera still wished to see her own with her best friend, who was also her neice, by her side. Especially since her and her dragon had a sort of bond now. Unlike the she-dragons previous rider, if most would even attempt call her that because they knew her opinion on the large beasts.

The youngest daughter of King Viserys and Queen Alicent read of Daella Targaryen when she was a Targaryen without a dragon, the Princess Daella never took any interest in the beautiful dragon that was said to be hers. Which is why Saera always assumed her half-sister's mother, Aemma Arryn, never claimed one herself. And since of the Old King's eighth born child's, or third born daughter's, passing, Heartfyre was considered unclaimed until Saera rode and claimed her almost year ago. But the Targaryen Princess, whose looks represented her mother all too well, has always considered her dragon unclaimed until she came along to bond with the creature herself. Since Princess Daella had never even touched nor rode Heartfyre.

That was one of the reasons why Saera has tried to see Heartfyre as much as she could since their first flight together. The thought of flying on dragonback to go across the Narrow Sea with Jaehaera or even just being by the she-dragon is what has been mostly motivating her since the last ten moons. And bringing her twin sister, Helaena, along would make it all better in her mind.

              When leaving the carriage that rode them through the busy streets of King's Landing, small worry of being away from the Red Keep ran through her mind since both of the Princesses had been told of the horror stories that happen in the city by Aegon. But the thought of being many miles away from Westeros overpowered the worry in Saera's thoughts as she and Jaehaera pushed the Dragonpit's doors open while their arms stayed intertwined like they had been since they stepped off their carriage together.

              It had been almost a week since the pair last visited the dragons and their chambers, and still every time they go Saera could sense the slight, but also very strong, aura of being completely out of place by Jaehaera. She knew it was because the only silver-haired child of Rhaenyra's has yet to claim a dragon, but that was why Saera tried her hardest to get her niece close to her own dragon— Heartfyre, the she-dragon, so she didn't feel left out. As she tried with her younger brother, Aemond, too, but he tended to refuse more than accept his sister's offers to visit the Dragonpit.