𝟬𝟬𝟭. prophecy

Start from the beginning

               "Your mother is right," Daemon said as he closed the book they were using. "You will learn."

               Dany smiled as her mother bent over to place a gentle kiss on her forehead. "Now, it is time to let your mind rest from all the learning you've done today. I will see you to bed in a minute, my sweet girl."

               "Okay," Daenaera then stood up and turned to give her father a quick kiss on the cheek. "Goodnight, Father." The young girl faced Laena and gave her mother a kiss on the cheek back. "Goodnight, Mother."

               When Dany left the small library that her parents stayed in, she decided to see what her sisters were doing before she went to her chambers for the night. Her small hands trailed along the fancy railings in the castle of Pentos as she skipped to either of her sister's chambers, and Rhaena's happened to be the one she approached first. The first thing she noticed was the door slightly open and the warm light peeking through, from the fireplace Dany assumed, and when she entered the room she felt the chill breeze of the dark night. The nighttime was always a bit colder on Pentos since they were so close to the Narrow Sea.

               Inside Rhaena's chambers was a going fire, like Dany assumed, and by the fire was Rhaena. The youngest daughter of Laena Velaryon and Daemon Targaryen held the chosen dragon egg for her cradle above the hot fire, like she had been for the past month ever since their parents let her take full responsibility for it. They still helped of course, but there wasn't much to do besides keep the egg warm, so Rhaena has kept it in her own room in case it did ever hatch.

               "Do you have a name picked out yet, Sister?"

               Rhaena pulled her dragon egg away from the fire and turned in surprise, she wasn't expecting anyone to walk into her chambers. "Uh, no. No, I haven't yet." She stood up and place the warm egg back in its heat cradle. "I think it'll just come to me when I actually see the dragon."

               "I get it. I only chose Stormfyre because mother says the egg hatched right after a great storm." Dany sat down on her sister's bed, Rhaena soon joined her after closing the cradle. "I'm not sure what I would've named him if she didn't tell me that."

               Both of the sisters laughed and Dany spoke up again. "If you want, I can convince mother or father to take you, me, and Baela on a long dragon ride over the sea in the morning. Or maybe even convince father to let us visit Driftmark like we've always talked about."

               Rhaena blinked as she imagined being on dragonback, even if someone else was pulling the reins. "That would be very fun. I wish Stormfyre or Moondancer were large enough to mount two, though. That would be fun, to ride with you or Baela."

               "And we will one day. Very soon." Daenaera reassured. "Stormfyre is getting larger by the years. Then we'll be able to soar through the skies together and no one can stop up."

               The youngest of the three sisters smiled with much excitement running through her veins and she pulled her eldest sister into a hug. "Thank you, Dany."

               And Dany didn't hesitate to hug her back. "You don't need to thank me." She held her sister tight for a second longer before pulling away. "I must go to my chambers before mothers sees us to bed, but we'll convince them. Promise." Rhaena nodded before she watched Dany leave her chambers.