"Why do you keep on doing this to your daughter? teaching her to stray away from the life she's supposed to have! why do you keep ruining my life?!"

Listen to her make this whole thing all about her! Mr. Jung has long realized how self-centered his mother-in-law was from the moment he stepped inside their mansion when he was still courting her daughter. He had long realized what kind of person she was more than her self-centeredness as well, she was selfish and she can do anything just to make sure she achieves all her goals. She had the money and prestige to do it after all, she'd stop at nothing even if it means someone has to suffer, even if it was her own daughter.

"Ruin your life? YOU are the one who ruined your own life! You even ruined your own daughter, my wife! you took away her life!--"

Helene marched towards her son-in-law and slapped him across the face and with her strength, she held him up by the collar of his tuxedo to make him face her and spat out the words to his face.

"Ridiculous! Chontelle wanted to dance but because of you and your daughter she couldn't do it anymore!"

Mr. Jung remembered his late wife, Chontelle. The most beautiful woman he had ever saw in his entire life. He didn't expected anything from admiring Chontelle earnestly. For him he was the beautiful swan that a commoner could only look at from afar because she was meant for the prince, but no, because that Princess Swan loved him back. Ever since the night she agreed to be his lover in front of the Paris Opera Ballet, he wanted nothing more but to give her happiness and a life of content despite being a humble art curator. He swore, that even though he doesn't have the same wealth that her family own he will give her whatever it is she needs.

You might be wondering what a girl who has lived in wealth and prestige would even want? well the only thing a girl like Chontelle wanted was a simple life far away from her family, specially her mother. Chontelle did loved ballet, it was her life but it was also causing her the sadness that has clouded her heart since she was young. So at the prime age of 25 she quit being the principal ballerina of the most popular ballet company of Paris to marry him and start a family even though her mother was completely against it. Even when Chontelle faced disownment she didn't faltered and still stayed with him.

Having Mauve and moving to South Korea has been one of the happiest times of Chontelle's life. That happiness may have swayed after discovering Mauve being disabled but every waking hours she had beside her husband and daughter was enough to go on living their happy and contented life. Everything was going so well not until Chontelle's father died and Helene reached out to her daughter after 5 years.

Helene constantly visited them and it usually takes a month or two. At first everything was alright, Helene was civil to them that it convinced the couple that she had already let go of their bitter past. Then one day Chontelle started to become quiet, avoidant and disoriented specially when Helene was visiting. That's when everything down hill.

"Chontelle wanted nothing more but to live a peaceful life with me and our daughter, and you! She didn't cared about the money, the popularity, or even being a Belmair! She just wanted to live. Chontelle. Even when you disowned her she wanted nothing more but for you to still be a part of her life! but... you ruined her."

Tears started to swell on Mr. Jung's eyes as the memory of his wife flooded his mind. her beautiful smile, her kind voice and her beautiful and graceful dancing that she passed down to Mauve. His heart broke every time he said her name with so much longing and at that moment, Helene was taken aback from the words that came out of her son-in-law and the overflowing love he has for her daughter after so many years. Helene was left speechless. Alright her ego is still being trampled upon right now but to see the man who she sees as the person who ruined her daughter's life whisper that name like it was a prayer was enough to make someone like her stop and listen.