Caprisun(Kel/Sunny)

9.5/10

Uhh yeah the art is by me and it's from my AU thing

Just like with Baseball, I don't ship this romantically, but I do so platonically! And I love reading Sunkel fics.

This is a ship between two foil characters I guess, as they are complete oppo in terms of personality and also interact lol. Meanwhile they are kinda similar, with the "pushing emotions away" thing, sorta. Well, Kel is obviously insecure about being compared to Hero and tries to stay strong for his friends and loved ones, and sometimes won't ask for help, etc. when he needs it. Sunny has....a lot of self hate, you name it, and bro doesn't have much experience dealing with his emotions, especially anger(cough cough the Mari x Stairs incident), and I think he would be protective of his friends too, or want to do so. Also both these characters are prone to acting rashly lmao. Both also want things to go back to how they were, like Sunny's Headspace, Kel's beef with Aubrey. Bruh this is basic af.

They are also different for obvious reasons, as Sunny is quiet, could be blunt too; and Kel is LoUd and energetic and easily excitable and optimistic. They have different vibes too, like the dark vibe and the bright vibe. Sun x Moon, if you will.

Kel also says Sunny's name 143 times, if you didn't know~~~ hehe.

Them being foils ig(in my opinion) kinda reminds me of this one amino post analyzing Kaede and Maki and how they are foils to each other(idk whether the same could apply to Kaito and Maki but eh). Interesting.

I feel like Kel is smarter than most people give him credit for and wouldn't just take people at face value. And I feel that Sunny is much more confrontational than in fanon, like, LOOK AT HIM BURSTING INTO THE CHURCH TO FACE AUBREY BRUH THAT WAS SUNNY NOT KEL— anygay. He would just look at Kel when orange basketball boi is feeling down or something and be like "Something is bothering you. I know." And just stare him in the face.

Oh yeah and back to Kel comforting Snuuy. So since he knows Sunny a lot, he'd not take his usual stoic cliff face at face value(pun intended) and give him a pep talk. Which would make Sunny respond with a small laugh or something that would make Kel's heart go weeeee.

Aubrey would tease Sunny about his crush on Kel, and he would send her a death glare every time she'd do that. Luckily he's not allowed to bring his steak knife out of the house.... oh and Basil would definitely third-wheel Sunny and Kel. He'll also try being a wingman.

Maybe Kel would try teaching Sunny basketball and then they'd start getting competitive once Sunny gets better at it.

Also Kel would definitely be big spoon a lot when they cuddle(sometimes Sunny would be the big spoon idk) and Sunny would randomly ask him some angsty insecure question after staying up late. But then Kel's already asleep.

Kel's love language is physical affection, so Sunny isn't fazed by Kel randomly putting an arm around him. Sunny does acts of service, maybe some more physical affection later in the relationship.

When Kel's hurt by someone or something then Sunny would go in front of him and stare down that person. Or if the incident had happened days ago, and Kel would randomly tell him about it as "casual talk," Sunny would be like "You idiot...you don't deserve to be treated like that."

When Sunny confesses then Kel would thank him instead of accepting or denying 💀 

Hero and Mari would be super chill about them dating, same with Sunny's mom and Kel's parents.

Aaaand that brings us to post-game headcanons!!!

Kel would forgive Sunny second to last? Or last. Definitely not first, as he has a tendency at times to see things in only black and white cuz he feels that things would be better if they were simpler(cough cough like his own emotions). So yeah, it definitely would be somewhat a slow burn. Until Aubrey knocks some sense into him like "Bro I pushed flower boi to make out with the lake" and he's like "uuugh" but actually thinks about it. Hero helps him figure it out too. 

Sunny would deny having a crush on Kel, while Kel would be indifferent about it? Or maybe kinda denying, idk.

Kel would say that Sunny looks cool with an eyepatch(this is after Basil's Shears x Sunny's Eye becomes canon) and Sunny would be like....*pouts and blushes*