Prologue

I can't believe we're doing it. I can't believe we're actually going to leave the country to a practically completely new world.

Me and my closest friend just finished our goodbyes to our family and were heading to TSA.

Remembering our past experiences, I asked her, "You have your passport out, right?"

She pulled it from her jacket pocket and flashed me her photo flamboyantly, "Yep. Don't worry, I haven't lost it yet, Nika."

I gave her a smirk. "If you lose it, it's coming out of your bank account this time." I'm so over paying for all of her expenses.

I laughed and pulled out my passport too.

Caroline gave me a goofy grin. "We both know that's not true."

I stood nervously as the TSA lady took Caroline's picture and did her identity check till it was my turn. Then we went to the baggage check.

While we were going through these processes, a thousand thoughts kept running through my head. How sudden all this was, the reality of it, how far away we're going to be from everything we've ever known.

"You know what's crazy, Caroline?" I looked at my friend, sighing inwardly when I saw how messy her blonde hair was right now, but not mentioning it.

"You, or the fact that we're going to travel over 7,446 miles to go to a new school that's going to teach us to fight comic book monsters?"

I swear this girl's sarcasm will kill me someday.

"Hahahaha that's soooo funny! No but seriously, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and they chose us to--"

"--Nobody chose anyone. We won a random raffle that U.A. sent out to all the American schools--" she crossed her arms and I sighed, deciding not to say anything more.

We made our way to the Gate lobby and I tried to think of anything I could say to make her see this the way I did.

"But that's still major luck on our part--It must be a sign heheh."

I saw her smile and gave myself a pat on the back internally.

"I'm hungry."

Of course.

"Want me to go get us some food?"

She shrugged and sat down in a chair. "I mean, if you insist."

I decided to mess with her a little. "Come on, pay up."

I watched as she fumbled over her words, "...I'm broke--"

"--I know, it was a joke." I giggled.

Before she could give me a look I turned away and went to find the most American food possible for my friend.

There were multiple different places to eat but my eyes landed on a burger joint. I smiled to myself and ordered her usual burger order and just a side of fries for myself.

I walked back to where she was sitting and set the bag with her order onto her lap. I noticed she was listening to music through her earbuds. "Whatcha listening to?" I questioned thoughtfully.

"Under the Weather." I smiled internally, we both love Corpse. "What'd you get me?" She ripped through the bag.

"Two burgers, extra ketchup and cheese, no pickles." I finally took my seat next to her.

"You're an angel," she gasped.

As she ate her food, I opened my phone and scrolled through a playlist I spent hours creating last night. I love music and wanted to make something very customary for our trip that we could listen to on the flight to Musutafu, the city of U.A. I let her finish her food before I tugged her sleeve. "Oh em gee guess what I did last night~" I sang.

She'd better love it. Heh.

"I dunno." She said.

"I made us the most amazing, beautiful, awe-inspiring, ethereal playlist ever for our flight!" I tossed her my phone and watched as she looked through my creation.

She whistled, "These are some good ones. You make sure to download them, so we can actually listen to it?"

I thought about the times we've attempted to do playlists for things like this but I always forget to actually download them so we never end up getting to listen to them. But thankfully this time, I came even more prepared.

"Done and done." I said proudly and took my phone back. I felt a shiver attack come over me at that moment. "Ugh, it's freezing in here." I rummaged through my bag trying to find my favorite sweater to wear over my shirt.

Just then, an announcement came over the speakers.

"Gate C5, please begin boarding."

I was shocked at how fast we were called. "That was super quick!" I tried to quickly take all of our bags to really help out but I ended up fumbling multiple times and dropping things. Caroline took most of the bags away from me. "You know, you could just use your Qu—"

"--No," I interrupted her, "there's no point, I won't get buff if I don't lift." I said sarcastically. Without using my quirk, I'm generally pretty weak. I try to do things occasionally to help my natural strength, but I never get that far.

We walked onto the plane and Caroline gave me the window seat, she knows I love looking out over everything.

I grabbed my earbuds from my bag and plugged them into my phone, handing her one of them. The music started and I finally relaxed as we lifted off.

"Attention. Your flight to Mustafu will take 20 hours, with an estimated arrival time of 12:45pm."

I leaned my head back and looked out the window.

It's gonna be a brand new life.

I looked over and my dearest friend was already asleep. I smiled to myself and grabbed my blanket I'd brought into the seats and put it over with us, falling asleep not long after her.