chapter 5

Class 11th

At the farewell dance practice, the atmosphere was a mix of nostalgia and excitement as students prepared to bid adieu to their seniors. The dance instructor, Mrs. Neha kishan, was trying to keep everyone focused on the choreography.

"Let's practice it again! " She shouted gaining everyone's attention towards her. Everybody gets back to their assigned positions.

The series was like a boy and a girl as it was a mix up of a couple dance and funny then slowmo.

As the music begins, everyone starts to move in sync, albeit with varying degrees of coordination.

In a line stood Iyaan, completely annoyed by doing the same step again and again and his partner, Shanaya added more fuel into it.

"Put your hand on my shoulder, Iyaan. " She said in her sugar coated voice taking his hand and placing it on her shoulder before massaging it.

A twirl scene came as everybody twirled their partner and pulled towards them, his gaze fell on his side at Ayan Or Kashish who were smiling while doing dance.

"Iyaan, twirl me. " He looked at Shanaya, his lips curled up.

"Sure".

He twirled and when she forwarded her hand to hold his, he left her making her fall down on her bum erupting a laughter from others.

He strolled from there but his leg fumbled upon the ribbon scattering over the stage making him fall down on the ground on his face.

The sight was so hilarious that the entire group burst into laughter, causing a momentary pause in the practice.

"Ashh! " He grumbled entangling himself from it before furiously walking out.

"Okay guys let him be, let's start a practice." Mrs Neha Kishan set and moved back to switch on the player as they all begin dancing again.

It was the day of farewell, as the sun set in hue of pink and orange, casting a warm glow over the school ground, laughter and chatter filled with air.

It was the long awaited school farewell, a bittersweet memory, their journey, their funny moment in the class, fighting over a seat Or a girl, backbenching all the time, bunking the classess were displaying over the screen, nostalgia gathering for everyone else.

Seniors sitting on a round tables beautifully decorated with flowers and sweets. Soft music playing on the background, setting the mood for reminiscence and celebration.

"Time for PHOTO BOOTH! " Shouted, the leader of event society, as everybody moved to the photo booth clicking many pictures as much as they can.

Now, moving to the food department, where every kind of food were present gol gappe, tikki, paubhaji, chowmeun, ice cream, rasmalai, rasgulle and many more.

The highlights of the evening was the stage, adorned with backdrop of the school's emblem and a banner that read "farewell class of 12th".students took turns stepping onto the stage, their names announced with applause and cheers for their peers.

" This year we have decided to change something. " Teacher announced gaining their attention, " This time not only seniors but juniors, class 11th students who have helped in making this event more colorfull should be rewarded too. " Everybody whistle and clapped.

Students emerged in their seats as the game of tag begin.

"Most charming senior. " Teacher asked and everybody start shouting the name.