𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐭.

Depuis le début

guy-man nodded again in comprehension, seeming distant from conversation. "I see.. I didn't know that. but.. they are expensive no?.." he said skeptically.

"of course.." she said sighing, as they both observed people waiting in line to buy some. guy man shook his head a bit. " well I'm grateful you found them.." he said forcing a slight smile.

"it's no problem.." she said. looking at guy man, she then noticed he seemed.. familiar. " correct me if I'm wrong but.. are you the dj?.. with the other guy..? daft...punk?"

guy man nodded, exhaling some smoke from his cigarette that he had just lit. " yes... daft punk. you saw us playing?" he inquired, burying his pack in his leather jacket pocket.

" are you a musician here too?" he asked.

"I did .. your whole sound is very different. I think it's quite nice." she said smiling a bit more.

"Am I a musician? Yes.. I'm here with my band.. but.. I'm not sure where they are." she admit, her eyes skimming through the waves of people around them.

"Ah. Thank you." guy- man quietly said, looking down a bit- his hair covering now - not a face of unamusement- but a face of embarrassment. he then took another drag of his cigarette.

"a band?.." he nodded slightly. " I see."

he observed the way she spoke and her slightly shy demeanour. he found it intriguing.

she noticed his straight face and how his hair cascaded down his face. he intrigued her.

"so.. rock.. music?.. or.." he added after snapping out of a small glance at her.

"Y-yeah.. just.. some alternative really.. nothing special. I play the bass."

"Bass?.. that's nice. I play the guitar myself.. but I don't play the bass." guy man then fixed his hair a bit.

"guitar is cool too. bass and guitar work well together." she added, laughing subtly.

the crowd around them didn't seem so loud anymore, and it didn't seem so nerve wracking to be without her band at the moment.

guy man nodded and tried to suppress a small smirk, as he took a drag from his cigarette. " you.. you aren't wrong."

"who am I to talk about bass when you are a dj? I mean.. that's pretty cool. it's hard isn't it?" her curiosity began to get the better of her now, and as she observed his slight and subtle smirk.

"at first.. a bit. But.. you know.. you learn." he said with a calmer tone, his eyes sweeping over her face and then he looked down a bit at his shoes, taking another drag of his cigarette.

" I'm sure you could be a dj. why not?" he added, then allowing the formation of a slight smirk paint his face.

she felt herself smile a bit and then she shook her head shyly laughing a bit. " oh no.. no.. I couldn't. i mean.. maybe if I put my mind to it but.. I doubt it."

guy man, trying to hold in a light laugh, just cleared his throat a bit.

"mhm.." he said. " I don't doubt it. Bass players are smart people." he tossed his cigarette to the muddy ground below.

"ah.. stop." she said, in a dismissive tone, trying to hide her blush.

"what?.." he added shrugging slightly. "stop telling you that I think you could be a dj? or that.. maybe you intrigue me?.." he said.. still managing to keep a straight face.. despite his internal thoughts running laps.

"what am I doing ? I don't even know who this girl is?.. or her name." he thought. he was usually never one to engage in small talk but this didn't feel so small anymore.

she laughed a bit.. then sighing. " me?.. i intrigue you?".. she felt another smile tug at her mouth nervously. " why..?"

he shook his head a bit. " I.. I ah.. don't know. you just.." he stopped and thought of the right words.

"you are quite friendly ... and nice. and.. you are.. pretty." he said slightly quietly, looking away. he wasn't good at this stuff.

she felt her face flush a bit and then she smiled a bit looking over to him. " that's.. nice of you to say. thank you." she said, her smile only getting more dorky..

"what am I doing? I don't even know this guys name..." she thought nervously.

ミ★ ----- (present, 1997)

until.. Thomas waved his hand in front of his face. "guy-man...?"

guy man snapped out of his trance and put a hand to his head. currently, they were in Thomas bedroom, with scattered wires on the floor and mixers decorating Thomas' desks and floor.

"sorry..." he mumbled, caught in thought. " I was.. just.."

"don't.. tell me." Thomas said sighing. " thinking about her again?.. you know.. you should just go for it. just.. call her and ask her out.." he added, looking up from pressing some keys on his keyboard.

they were working on homework, an album they planned to make from home. but.. it would never finish if guy-manuel couldn't get his mind off her.

"I mean.. it's been.. 2 years since you both met. why haven't you.. you know.. made a move?..." Thomas sighed, pulling his headphones off his head and letting them hang around his neck.

guy man shook his head and pushed his hair from his face. " I wish.." he said quietly. he then took out a cigarette from his pocket.

"Ah! No. Not in here.." Thomas said reaching over his mixer and snatching it from him. " you always try to smoke when I bring her up. If she stresses you that much just.. I don't know." Thomas shrugged.

Guy man frustratedly sighed then stood up. " fine.. I'll call her. and.. I'll .." his words caught in his throat " I'll.. just.. ask.. her.. if..."

Thomas raised his eyebrows. " if...?"

"What.. if she ... rejects me?.. what if.. she doesn't like me?.." guy man said then furrowing his eyebrows. he looked around Thomas' room as if trying to search for some sort of reason to postpone confession.

"she.. has mentioned.. interest in someone.." he mumbled.

"Ah! It could be you?.. last time she came around she.." thomas frowned a bit then trailed off. last time she came around, she seemed to be quite interested in thomas and what he had to say. she even, while thomas said something funny, touched his arm.

"she..?" guy man raised an eyebrow.

"Said!.. I mean.. she mentioned you.. to me." thomas cleared his throat, laughing off his thoughts. he furrowed his eyebrows a bit.

"oh.." guy man nodded a bit. " so I should call her then?.. maybe.. invite her over so she can listen to our.. album.. we're making."

thomas nodded a bit uneasily. sure, she was nice but.. if she continued to show interest in thomas .. guy man's heart would be crushed.

—— ★