Day One: School

"Anne, are you ready?? Please hurry up, dear; we'll be late to school!" yelled mom."Coming!!" I rushed down the stairs, holding a sock in one hand and a shoe in another. It was past nine and almost late on my first day of school. The school is a 15-minute drive from my home, and after reaching there, I rushed to my classroom. Thankfully, I met the homeroom teacher on the way. We both entered the classroom.

All rushed to their place as soon as they saw the teacher entering the class and wished her, "Good morning, ma'am!"

"Good morning, students. We got a new transfer student from LA. So let's all welcome her with warm hearts. So Anne, please introduce yourself to the students." Nervous as it was my first day, "Umm, yeah, hi all, My name is Anne Walter. I just recently moved to Georgia. I hope we get along well. Thank You". The teacher smiled and gestured towards an empty seat. "Yes, please take a seat next to Andrea, Anne."

We greeted each other, and then the class began and went on for 45 minutes. The bell rang, and it was break time. "Hii there, So, where are you from? And where do you stay here?" asked Andrea with a wide smile on her face. She's a cheerful and a loquacious person. She has beautiful blonde hair with bangs that cover her entire forehead. "I just moved to this town from LA a week ago. Currently, I reside in Coral Row."

"Okay, cool, So what about your family? Any siblings?"

"I live with my mother; I'm the middle child, and I have two siblings. One elder brother, Josh, and a younger brother, Tim."

After classes ended, I decided to walk home instead of asking mom for a ride. I thought it would be nice to explore my surroundings. The streets of Coral Row were quiet and deserted, adding to the eerie atmosphere. With the winds blowing harshly during monsoon season, my hair kept brushing against my cheeks. To distract myself, I plugged in some vintage music and continued walking. As it started getting darker and storm clouds rolled in, the already unsettling atmosphere grew even more ominous. Strangely enough, a sense of being watched nags at me. Feeling uneasy, I picked up my pace as I reached a relatively safer area. And just then, I felt someone grab my shoulder, pulling it back. I was horrified and almost let out a loud scream.