I sat on the edge of her bed next to her, and put a gentle hand on her shoulder. The redhead jumped and turned her head to look at me, "MC? What are you doing?" she whispered. 

I looked at her and smiled trying to comfort her, "It's pretty late in the morning and I started to be worried."

"Oh, sorry. I was just thinking," she replied. It broke my heart to see her like this. The usual sunny girl was now just the shadow of herself. Her face was marked with sadness, and the dark circles under her eyes were accentuated. 

"I know," I said softly, "how's your head? Not too painful?" 

A quiet laughter escaped her mouth, "We drank too much last night."

I giggled, "Yep! Way too much! Come on, let's get you some aspirin." We went to the living room and sat around the table. 

Jessy took a pancake and bit in it hungrily, "oh this is good! You baked those?" 

I shook my head, "Your brother did."

"Phil? He usually never cooks." Jessy ate the rest of her breakfast in silence, she seemed to be lost in thoughts, "I don't know what to do.. I've lost my job, my best friend." She looked up at me, "Nothing's keeping me here."

"So…maybe it's time?" I said. Jessy raised her eyebrows with an interrogating look, "maybe it's time for you to go to Colville as you wanted?"

"Do you think so?" Jessy didn't seem really convinced, "I don't know if I can."

"The only way to know is to try." My phone buzzed in my pocket. I had just received a text from Lilly asking me where I was. 

Lilly : Hi MC. Are you coming to the hospital? You were supposed to meet with Hannah there.

"Shit! Sorry Jessy, I forgot I told Lilly I'd come to the hospital today. Hannah wants to meet me." I quickly type a short answer to Lilly. 

MC : I'm on my way. 

"Oh! OK, so, we'll talk later." she said, while looking at me reaching for my coat. 

"Do you wanna come with me?" I genuinely asked. 

"No it's okay. I have things to do here. Plus I don't think Hannah can have too many visitors at a time." 

I nodded, grabbed my purse and ran down the stairs. I was already late. 

The drive to the hospital was longer than I expected. The building was outside of Duskwood and there was a lot of traffic at that time. I arrived in the industrial part of the city with more buildings and less forest. This place contrasted with the vast natural area that surrounded Duskwood. 

I looked for the hospital for a moment and then posted a white building with a huge parking lot. I recognized a few words on the panel that indicated I was at the right place. I parked quite far from the main entrance because the parking lot was almost full and I had to walk between the alleys of cars before entering the building. 

The hall was huge and bright with big bay windows covering the entire side of the wall. Several plastic chairs stood in front of the window and the reception desk was facing it. I could see doors leading to other parts of the hospital behind the reception. 

I didn't know where to go so I picked up my phone out of my jeans pocket to warn Lilly I was there. 

MC : I'm here. I'm waiting for you in the reception area. 

While waiting for Lilly, I walked to a coffee machine in the corner of the room. I took my wallet and chose a cheap cappuccino. I sat on one of the chairs and looked at the ballet of paramedics bringing sick or injured people to the hospital. I took a sip of my cappuccino and winced, the beverage was way too sweet for my taste.