Big Champ

( (y/n) POV)

It was the next day and me and Jace was chilling in the hallways, it was lunch time and he didn't want to sit in the cafeteria.

"Heard you're playing the jags." Said Phil.

"Don't believe everything you hear." Replied Jace as a couple of kids walked past laughing.

"Can't blame you if your over-rated ass chickens out. Cause we gonna bust their asses this weekend whether you play with them or not." Phil smart ass said.

"Know what would be crazy? If this season, you actually made more points than fouls." Jace replied being petty.

Phil was mad as hell and jerked his arms like he's going to punch Jace. I stood up and got in front of Phil.

"Y'all chill out. Y'all both know fighting ain't worth getting suspended." I finally stepped in.

Phil just sighed and walked away when Crystal suddenly showed up. Jace walked up to her and saw she was still wearing her protective boot

"You still got that on?" I asked her.

"Yeah, but it's gone be off soon." She replied nonchalantly before turning to Jace.

"What's up scrub? What up with you not hitting me back last night? You to laces?" She asked us.

"Didn't feel like talking." Jace answered.

"My bad. Went to sleep." I said with a shrug.

"Makes sense," She said to me. "But you, scrubs. You must ain't answer cause you got to ass spanked."

"What are you talking about?" He said confused.

Crystal pulled out the phone to show him the video and because I'm nosy and don't like being left out I was watching to.

"Now who recorded that shit?" I said annoyed but I could here just mutter the word shit under his breath.

"Dropped this morning. And only twelve thousand and eight hits so far. Now see, you could have played NBA-2K with me but instead. You still would have gotten your ass beat but at least the world wouldn't know it." She said as she put her phone away.

"Damn, that's why everyone was looking at you crazy today. Whoever recorded and posted that shit is lame." I said.

"Swear," Jay say annoyed as he adjusted his backpack on his back "what am I supposed to do?"

"Take the L and forget about it." Crystal suggested.

"I don't take L's I'd rather starve to death." Jay said.

"Then you gone have to starve big bro," I looked down at my phone and checked the time "look I gotta go but I'll see y'all later. Bye Jace, peace crystal."

~~~~~

I was in gym class chilling and hiding the bleachers while waiting for a call. For the past few days I'd been talking to this boy. He was kind and sweetheart, best part is he never wanted to talk and my brothers. It was hard trying to talk to boys when most of them found a way to mention my brother.

I felt my phone begin to buzz, signaling that someone was calling me. I looked at the screen and saw the contact 'My Man🥱' FaceTiming me.

"Hey baby," The angled the camera away from my face so that only my hair was in view.

"Please show your face mami, you know I don't like looking at nothing." His voice rang through my headphones.

"But I don't look good."

"I ain't ask that."

I sighed and cupped my hand over my mouth to muffle my chuckle as I put my face in the camera. "Better?"

"Why is your hand over your face?"

"Sorry." I moved my hand from my face and smiled at the camera unintentionally.

"You so pretty."

"How many girls you said that to today?"

"Just you mami"

"Mhm. So how yo day been so far?"

"It's been alright, I'm still struggling to understand American schools and people. How about you? You still worried bout last night?"

"My day been plain boring but I'm not even gone think about last night no more, shit had me too pissed off. And thank you for letting me rant to you about that."

"It was nothing mami, you know I love listening to you talk."

"So Nick..." I bit down on my bottom lip as I got ready to ask him something.

"Yes."

"When we gone hang out? Talking to you on the phone cool and all but I'd like to see you in person as well." I squinted my eyes as if I was preparing to take a blow.

"I know mami, i just been so busy with basketball and stuff, how bout next weekend. We can do something small, nothing too big."

"Really?"

"Yeah of course, I gotta hang up but I'll text you later, okay?"

"Okay, bye baby."

"Bye."

As soon as he hung up I got from under the bleachers and joined some kids who was playing basketball.

~~~~~
Ima end this here because I'm tired of writing episode 1, next chap will be chapter 2