Welcome to Basketball

Start from the beginning

"Y'all bet not be arguing. Jace lets go." My mom said as she came through the door.

"I'm tired"

"Jace, get up, there's a target on your back. Number one in the area code. And what do the haters want my baby to do? They want him to lay there."

I sighed and got up but not before turning to (Y/N) with an annoyed face.
She looked at me and shrugged as she mouthed the words, "You know how she be." I handed my phone to my mom before I started doing push ups.

"(Y/N) since you looking so awake and active right now, you can get down there with him too." My mom said and I hid a chuckle.

"Ma, ima girl." My sister complained.

"A girl who can give me some pushups." My mom said back without hesitation. I had to hold back my laugh as my sister got down to the flow and started doing pushups with an annoyed face.

*****
{Time Skip}

My mom had me playing for a basketball team coached by some dude named Ike and it went bad. I know I'm good at what I do so I'm not tripping. But old ass dude really was trying to show me up. Grown as hell trying to prove you're better than a 14 year old. Okay, dude, get yo big lightskin ass on somewhere.

"I'm not playing for him." I said.

"The hell you're not." My momma responded.

"You told me it was an experiment."

"I know you lost but it was one of the best games I've seen you play."

"Then I must suck because he didn't even make it to the NBA."

"He didn't beat you because he's better, he beat you because he's smarter."

"You said if I don't like him I could go somewhere else. Right?"

"Right."

"I don't like him." I said before walking inside the house to see Jackie in the kitchen cooking and (Y/N) on the couch doing her homework.

"Why she making dinner?" I asked my mom.

"Don't eat it then. I won't shed any tears. Trust." Jackie replied.

"Both of you stop. Jackie's making dinner because I have a meeting
with my sales-folks in half-an-hour. I don't know why that hoodie is still in the living room. Get it picked up. After dinner, scrape plates, take out the garbage and jump into homework."

"What about finding me a new team?"

"Right now, no drama. Can you handle that?" She paused to wait for an answer.

"Not rhetorical." She said clearly.

"I can handle that." I picked my hoodie up off of the couch.

I looked at (Y/N) and nodded towards my room, knowing she'd get the message.

I walked to my room and shut the door once she was inside.

"Bro, (Y/N/N), momma tripping. Had me play for this unknown, loser ass team and now she acting like I can't quit it even though she said this was just an experiment." I complained.