"the boy, the girl, and the cat." four

Start from the beginning

"Alright.. fine. But.. it's going to be difficult keeping you a secret to my parents. I.. might have to tell them about you soon when it comes the time."

You let out a deep and quiet exhale, adjusting your bag on your shoulders.

"Well.. I'm gonna have to go to school now. You can either stay in my room, or go in the backyard. My parents are probably going to be working until around 1pm."

Xiao didn't say anything as you left your room, and closed the door. After fixing your cardigan and hair in the mirror, and reapplying some chapstick since your lips were dry, you headed out.

The sunlight peered in your eyes, the rays dancing on your (h/c) hair. It was quite sunny today.. the sound of birds singing up along the wires and trees lining the neighbourhood were a perfect addition to such a perfect morning..

After locking the door behind you, you only saw your best friend Lumine, and her brother Aether. Right.. you forgot that you were walking with them today. As much as you loved the two platonically, they were quite chaotic.. and yes, Lumine was a nice and extroverted girl, while Aether was a mature and also extroverted boy. The two could be a little harsh on eachother sometimes..

"Come on, Y/N! Schools going to start in like.. twenty minutes."

Lumine smiled and waved you over, while you walked over to her. Her extroverted personality made her shine.. literally.. as an introvert, it was almost impressive how she always spoke her mind. Aether too, as they were twins..

"Oh, Lumine Lumine.. always smiling. What, did you fall in love with anybody?" Aether teased her as the three of you guys walked on the sidewalk.

"What makes you think that? You know it's the opposite." She replied, rolling her eyes.

"Hmm? Are you sure? I've seen you and Scaramouche do some quite.. mm.. lovey dovey things together?" Aether replied, smirking as he saw the faint blush appear on Lumine's face.

"What..!? No no, we were just holding hands and hugging!" Her reaction was enough evidence for Aether to continue teasing her.

"Hmm.. true.. Aether, you are in a band with him, right? He's usually so cold and blunt, but when he's with Lumine.. she always manages to get him to open up, despite-.."

You were trying to tease her and join Aether in this torture, but she quickly gave you an eye of dread. As if she didn't want you to say anything else.. now that was extremely suspicious.

"Nope.. I'm walking ahead. See you two slowpokes later." Lumine immediately began to speed walk away.. just when she was beginning to turn red. You and Aether looked at eachother with a smile.

You had already gotten quite comfortable with your best friend's brother already, explaining the hard teasing on your poor friend.

"Well.. now that we have my sister out of the way.. there's some news I'd like to share." Aether pointed upwards, fixing the strap of his backpack as it was falling off.

"Huh?" You raised an eyebrow, slightly tilting your head to the side in curiosity. "Like what?"

"Well, you've probably heard of what happened a few weeks ago. Apparently, the FBI themselves are now looking for him. After, with the clear video footage of the Adeptus Xiao, they want to find him and track him down. Probably because he wields such superhuman powers, they want to test on him and stuff."