第二

┏┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┓Chapter Two┗┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┛

┏┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┓
Chapter Two
┗┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┛

Y/n was admittedly very confused when he first woke up. He had expected the warm sheets of his silk bed, but instead of a soft pillow, his head rested on a hard rock. He groaned in pain, massaging his head as he looked around.

Oh right. He was now trapped in the woods.

Y/n would soon find out if he would be able to delay his time to completely avoid being involved in the plot. But his father would be persistent in finding him—this deal with the count was essential for his father to gain the funds for the [Vestalis Family Mine Project].

As Y/n could recall, the project was something that would catapult both his family and the female lead's father into riches one would never dream of. They were able to own some of the prominent mines in the nation. The sacrifice of Soleil Vestalis would be forgotten, and they would greedily enjoy their riches.

...So Soleil never got his revenge? He was just a plot point for the female lead to enjoy her riches.

Y/n swallowed, assessing his surroundings. It was a miracle no wild beast had come to him in the middle of the night. It was best he found a place to hide temporarily lest his family already noticed he was gone. It wasn't a matter of achieving a peaceful life anymore—it was about surviving.

If he remembered correctly, the project was launched several days after the Grand Duke and the female lead met. The female lead was able to use the money obtained from the mines to create a contract with the Grand Duke, and as the contract progressed, they fell in love. She was seen as intelligent and smart—curating money from the mines, making plausible terms of agreement.

But Y/n saw the one sentence that many did not.

"Aria Seitta had a grand idea. She would use Soleil Vestalis to achieve her goals. She hummed as she carried her plans out."

Aria Seitta was not a saint.

As Y/n revised his memories once more, he found out Aria was the one who had come up with the ideas. The people who commented on the book praised her as smart and worthy of the Duke's affections, not realizing she had destroyed a male's life just for the sake of her own goals..

In the end, she was the same as the rest.

No matter what, I must not let Aria Seitta win him. I must take the mines before she can. I must overthrow the wicked female lead, or at least, hinder her in some ways.

Y/n bit his lip harsh enough so there would be blood, and used his finger to write on the dirt.

1) The main cause of death is engagement.