007. ( im on my way )

Start from the beginning

"you wanna explain why you were nowhere near the location of the bar?" she asked him, noticing the shift in his composure as he stayed silent for a moment.

"no, im good."

"okay then." the car ride to his house was dead silent, all that could be heard was the sounds of landons soft snores and the radio playing lightly---almost inaudible---in the background.

"we're here." nova chimed, her soft voice waking him up from his tired state. he went to unbuckle his belt but noticed she had already done it as the sound of door unlocking sounded in the car.

"the next time you call me to pick you up from god knows where---im calling your dad." she cleared before motioning for him to leave but he just looked at her for a short while. "yeah, whatever. thanks for--fuck." he snarled,  feeling a sharp pain.

"what?"

"i think im dying." he winced, placing his hand on his forehead. "be for real." nova deadpanned, rolling her brown eyes.

"i am being for real. i got in the middle of a fight at the bar. and this guy kinda hit me with a bottle on my head, now my foreheads bleeding." he explained causing the girl to widen her eyes in surprise. only noticing his said forehead now.

"did you win?"

"what the fuck? i could probably be concussed and that's what you wanna know?" he shot back, eying her amused expression.

"well, technically this information is useless if you lost. cause this is you admitting they beat your ass." she deadpanned.

"haha." he trailed, his tone sarcastic. "you're so funny."

how she wanted to tell him to his face how this was his problem and not her's. she couldn't---she had the sudden urge to help him. "so what? you need help getting up?" she suddenly asked, even he was caught off guard.

"maybe walking in a straight line, but i can get up." he said before making his way out of the car. to landon's surprise, nova got out aswell. making her way over to the side of the car that he was on.

the two began walking up the pathway together in silence and once they had gotten to the door, nova stopped walking. "you gonna be fine walking to your room?"

"yeah, i guess." he told her but she noticed his dizzy state. his mind seemed clouded and only god knows how long the cut on his forehead had been bleeding. "just to be safe, though." she was reluctant but she nodded as they made their way into the house quietly, trying not to wake everyone else up. they made their way up the stairs before arriving at landon's door.

he opened his door, revealing his dimly lit room. nova examined it slightly---noticing the changes---considering how it had been a while since she had been in there. she was broken out of her thoughts by his voice. "you can come in, you know?" he said and without even considering she needed to leave, she stepped in.

"your room is so different." she said, thinking out loud. "you haven't been in here for two years...so yeah." he pointed out before making his way to his bathroom.

once he was in the bathroom, she began to walk around his room. truth is---his room hasn't changed that much. its just everything that used to be related to her was gone.