Friendship and Emotional Filters (Pt. 2)

Tom and I had been dating for a little less than a year after the whole Snapchat thing we went through. Honestly though, if it weren't for the Snapchat thing we would never had started dating in the first place. So there I was, sitting on Tom's couch with Tessa in front of me on her bed, as I looked at some of our old Snapchat photos. Then I posted a new photo.

  Then I smiled, remembering taking a lot of those

  Then I smiled, remembering taking a lot of those. Especially the one picture that had started it in the first place.

 Especially the one picture that had started it in the first place

That was one of the most hilarious pictures I had ever taken. "Hey love." Tom said as he walked into the kitchen with a smile on his face. "Hey. What's going on with you?"

"Who, me? Nothin'. Just thinking about how lucky I am to have you... Watch Tess'. No one could ever watch her like you do."

"Ah yes. I know, it's tough not having competition." He smiled and handed me a cup of Chamomile tea. And it was steeped and prepared to perfection. I sighed contentedly as we sat on the couch and sipped on the tea together.

We basked in silence for a while before Tom spoke up. "So. My parents were wondering what you were doing this weekend." I looked around in thought for a moment before replying, "Nothing really. Why?"

"Well. My parents wanted to invite you over, for dinner."

"Sure!" I told him cheerfully, just as Tessa began to awake. "Well. That's my cue to leave. I'll see you this weekend." I stood from the couch and grabbed my coat and keys. "BYE HAZ!" I shouted before opening the door.

"Yeah, whatever!" Was his response. I rolled my eyes then blew a kiss at Tom before leaving.

On Saturday, Tom and I drove up to his parents' house for dinner. Nikki always made the best food. And Dom had the best entertainment I've ever seen. A day spent at the Holland's house was worth it and then some.

When we reached the driveway, Tom told me to walk Tessa to the front door while he... Well he didn't say why. I side glanced at him from the porch. What was he hiding? Just then, the door opened, causing Tessa to run inside immediately. "Hey Y/n!" Paddy greeted as he let me in the house. "Hi." I responded. After I greeted the rest of the family, Tom finally entered the house, grinning widely.

Later, when it was just me and him on the roof gazing into the stars. Tom whispered in his softest voice. "Hey," He began. "Remember when we said no more emotional filters?"

"Yeah..." I raised an eyebrow, wondering where this was going. "Well. I've been doing just that for a while now." Just as I tilted my head at his statement he pulled out a dazzling ring that glinted in the moonlight. "I've been meaning to do this for months now. Y/n L/n. Will you make me the happiest man on earth, and marry me?" I looked at him blankly for a moment before registering what had happened. I quickly responded 'YES' and threw my arms around him. I had never been happier.

Several months later Tom and I sat on our brand new couch, I with Tessa in my lap and him with our new puppy in his lap. Yep, Snapchat couldn't be more helpful. (Clichè)

A/n: Hey ya'll!!! Hope you enjoyed my short coming back on these imagines. Anyway... Stay safe! Thanks for reading!!!