ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

Start from the beginning

“Ah, w-wait...!” Your hand reached out when he did, but he was already too far gone, so you sighed. It was then that you realized that you were at a gas station.

You hopped off the bike as well, searching your pocket for your phone. The time was stated at 5:49 pm, which you couldn’t believe how much time passed to when you were on the roof.

Putting your phone back and digging into your other pocket, you laid your hand on our box cutter, which you took it out.

Staring at it, you could see the metal shining a little. You slid the blade up, hearing the metallic scraping sound.

You could see your own reflection on the blade, since you make sure to clean it every day. Especially if you’re using it to cut yourself.

“[Last Name]-chan―!” Chifuyu came rushing back, yelling.

Alarmed, you slid the blade back and promptly pushed it back to your pocket. “Chifuyu-san, you’re―...!?”

You stiffened up when he suddenly grasped on your shoulder, shoving something into your face.

“Here, eat this!” Chifuyu exclaimed.

“Wh-What is it...?” You gently pushed away the item he’s holding, eyeing it after. “Rice balls?” A brow raised from your face.

“Yes, I just bought it.” Chifuyu nodded, letting you go. “You’re starving, right? So you should eat now.”

“You just bought it?” You questioned, surprised. “Oh, you... didn’t need to, I... Right, I should reimburse―” You dug into your pockets, searching. “―you...”

Then, you realized.

“Um... Sorry, I... left my wallet in my bag.” You sheepishly spoke.

“Huh? Oh, no, you don’t need to pay me back!” Chifuyu quickly shook his head. “It wasn’t much anyway.”

“But... I’m troubling you again...”

“You’re never troubling me, [Last Name]-chan.” He smiled at you.

Somewhere, deep inside you, you felt this unpleasant feeling.

“Why do you always―”

“Ah, wait, hold on.” The male suddenly reached into his pocket, taking out his phone.

If you listened closely, you could hear the slight buzzing coming from his phone.

“Oh, it’s my mom.” Chifuyu said. “Sorry, [Last Name]-chan, I’ll need to take this call first.” He apologised, taking the call and walking off to a short distance away. “...Hello?”

That was what you last heard until everything else was muffled.

You bit your lower lip, before you exhaled deeply. That tone I used... was a little aggressive. You thought back to what you tried to say before you got interrupted.

Your hand clutched at your chest, grimacing. You weren’t mistaken ― it was the same feeling you felt back at the hill, when he simply shrugged off at what you said to him at the hospital.