Her voice comes out breathy and her back remains to my front. Not quite touching like I need it to be. "Dance with me?" She asks, her tone coming out with more confidence than I thought she had around me. It's my turn to freeze and Devin turns around, keeping her body close to me. Her heels make her taller, but she still has to slightly look up at me to meet my eyes. "Just for tonight, pretend you don't hate me."

I look at her, a pleading in her eyes. "I can't pretend that I don't hate you, Dev," I whisper.

Her pleading look doesn't falter, nor does her confidence. "Good, because I hate you too."

Devin's arms slowly move to settle around my neck, leaving me time to shove her off but I don't. Can't. I move my hands to her waist and then we're dancing.

Devin moves with grace and I can only try and keep up. I spin her and she lands with her ass against my groin I don't know if it's the alcohol that's coursing through Devin's blood or not but she moans. The sound is breathy and almost drowned out by the music but I hear it. And damn it if I couldn't get drunk off that sound. I don't need alcohol to be drunk when I am around Devin. 

Her fruity perfume meets my nose and I smile into her shoulder. It's still that same perfume I gave her four years ago and knowing that just added to the high.

I know people are watching and I don't care. Charles left an hour ago and nobody else here is going to punch me just for touching her. And I can't keep my hands off her if I tried. The way we moved against each other made it feel like the first time we met in a club in Monaco. Before I knew that her last name might as well be Leclerc, not Garett. Before I knew who she was, and what she wanted to be.

And long before I knew what this woman would turn out to mean to me.

Like a cold glass of water is dumped over our heads Devin steps out of my grasp and just like that the spell is broken. The surrounding room, the music and the people all come back into focus and I notice Blake walking up to us. 

Devin's holding Blake's arm as if to keep Blake standing upright. Blake's clearly very drunk and having a great time. I am happy that she feels comfortable being in clubs and drinking. After what happened to her I wouldn't have thought I'd see her happy having a night out like tonight. But I am happy for her, although she's obviously way past the point of needing to be cut off. Perks and downsides of a VIP bar I suppose. 

"Uh, I think we need to go home." She slurs.

"Where is Oscar?" I ask.

She looks a little sheepish. "Bathroom."

Damn it. If Oscar gets sick in my rental car I'll kill him. I clear my throat. "Yeah, all right. I'll go get him."

"Where is your car?" Dev speaks up. She sounds sober, or, at least way soberer than Blake. The exact opposite of what I'd thought. Confusion sweeps over me for a second before I brush it off.

"Out back, it's a black Hyundai SUV," I cringe. It was the only rental left in the lot that had more than two doors. But Devin just nods. Not caring that it wasn't a fancy car like the Devin I know. She's never had an expectation like other girls who grew up in Monaco that everything around them had to be expensive. Even though she likes having expensive things, she never thinks twice when things aren't designer or luxury. 

Devin nods and Blake leans heavily onto her friend's shoulder as Dev guides them out the back entrance of the club. I watch them get outside safely before I walk off in the direction of the men's washroom, adjusting myself in my jeans subtly as I walk. The fact Dev just danced with me like that, asked me to dance with her at that and we are sharing a hotel room tonight? I'm screwed. Thankfully it's another suite room and I can stay hopefully far enough away from her, lest I do something stupid.