21: Reasonable Suspicion

Start from the beginning

The German was pleased to see them, and after giving Russia a little lesson on manners the children quickly pulled him out of his chair and out of the room. They talked about lunch, and briefly mentioned how their father sent them to get the German.

Reich just nodded and walked off with his kids, trying to ignore his desperate mind. He tried to ignore any negative thoughts. Any thought that was about Soviet. The Russian didn't need to get him himself, his kids were fine too.

Apparently everyone was supposed to be there already, they were just waiting for the German.

Reich hummed as Ukraine began talking on about some new cultures that he had been learning about.

The tugging on his hands was beginning to feel uncomfortable, as he had to bend over awkwardly to reach his children's height. They'd both probably end up being taller than the German, but every adult was taller than him.

The three continued walking for a little while longer, until Russia suddenly let go of the German's hand and ran down some hall.

"-Russia? Where are you going?" Reich paused and so did Ukraine. Though the little blue and yellow country wasn't very happy about it.

"-I saw папа-!" Without another word the young Russian turned a corner and disappeared.

Reich sighed and looked down at Ukraine, he nearly smiled seeing his son's pissed off expression.

"Come on, let's go get him." Reich walked down the hallway a bit, gently pulling on Ukraine's hand as he did.

Though Ukraine was definitely upset with his brother's antics, Reich promised to spend some time with him after lunch. Which greatly brightened the young country's mood.

There would be no Russia there. World peace would be possible for a moment.

Ukraine was smiling as he held his mother's hand. The two continued down the hall until they got to the corner that Russia had sped down.

They did find Russia there, and to Reich's honest surprise Soviet as well, but he wasn't alone.

"Soviet?" Reich's voice was barely audible. Ukraine seemed to hear it, and looked up at his mother.

He was confused, but could certainly see that his mama didn't look very happy. Ukraine looked back at the scene in front of him.

Well, now his mother's emotions were definitely understandable. Ukraine didn't like that red lady either.

Russia was there next to Soviet, chatting to him about something. It took Soviet a moment to even notice that Reich and Ukraine were there.

The older Russian just hummed as Russia's words.

He wasn't expecting to see the boy. Or anyone for that matter. He had sent them all to eat so that they would not bother him.

Eventually Soviet glanced to his side, seeing Moscow there. The lady had her arms wrapped around his, and was squeezing him quite tightly.

The Russian just thought that she was being impatient until he looked up from his eldest son only to see Reich there with Ukraine.

His visible eye couldn't help but widen at the sight. None of them were supposed to be here. Reich was not supposed to see this.

"Reich?" The Russian shook his arm briefly, trying to not look suspicious as he shushed Moscow away. "What are you doing here?"

Reich crossed his arms over his chest defensively, practically hugging himself. "What are you doing here?"