Nightmare Memories

Start from the beginning

Turning to the look at the small opening in the mountain, I feel a chill run down my spine. I have grown to hate that place. Forces me back to life and takes my memories. Not a fan. I take a deep, albeit shakey, breath. "Just for the night."

Time thanks me then walks over to pick up Hyrule while Warriors grabs Four. I lead them down the dim hallway and down the drop off. I would have prefered that we just stayed up there rather than going further into the shrine but there just wasn't enough room for all nine of us. We are staying in the middle room and I move the boxes to try to hide the third room.

Notice the try.

Wind almost immediately runs into the room with the revive platform. "Wind! Wait! Don't go in there!" Too late. He admires the me-sized-bed-like-platform that glows a gentle light blue colour. The rest of the conscious chain flood in afterwards.

"Woah! Awesome!"

"What is this place?"

"Wild? Have you seen this before?"

"Of course he has!"

"We don't know that."

"It looks like a coffin of some sorts."

"Wind!"

"What!?"

A coffin?

I face the place I slept for one-hundred years. It did look like one. It felt like one. Why have I never thought about it like that? It was probably me trying to forget about it. I was trapped in there for a century with no escape. I can hear my heart beating in my ears and I feel my breathing quicken.

Oh no, a memory. My body leaves my control and I am fully enshrouded by the memory.

I lay in the bed with no way out. I have been trying to get out for what feels like forever now. It may have actually been years. It's hard to keep track of time here. I use what little strength I have to kick and punch the surface keeping me under the not-water. I'm trapped. I can't breathe but I also can't drown. It's miserable. It's dark and I can't feel anything.

What is this stuff?
How did I get here?

Where is here?

How long have I been here?
Who am I?

I feel heavier than normal...

The liquid is draining...

...

Link...

Link...

Open your eyes...

I snap back into reality. The group must have noticed because everyone's attention is on me. My breathing is quickening. I can't be back in the shrine I just can't be. I need to focus on how it was just a memory. But it felt- no- feels so real. I don't want to go back.

"Pup? What's wrong?" I hear a muffled voice say. Twilight maybe?

My hand flinches towards my slate. Now that we're in my Hyrule it works way better and I can use more parts of it.

"Wild, talk to us. What's happening?" My vision is going blurry, I need to get out of here.

I fall to my knees. Why do I feel so weak?

"Wild! Are you okay?!" Someone kneels next to me and tries to help me up.

I click my slate -that's still on my hip- multiple times. "Champion! Say something!"

I disappear in a stream of blue tendrils.
<>
I reappear on the Myahm Agana Shrine's travel gate- the one in front of my house. I hope Flora is home she'll know what to do. I run off towards my small house over the bridge and slowly open the creaky door. "Flor- Zelda? Are you home?" I take off my sword and sheath and place it by the door. "Zelda?"