I turn around and walk over to the kitchen table where a bouquet of pink and red roses sits accompanied by a letter.

Leclercs. Sneaky bastards.

I laugh slightly to myself and a big smile spreads on my cheeks. I drop my things on the table beside the flowers and with empty hands pick up the letter.

My smile falls instantly at the words written in red ink on the thick cardstock.

A la prochaine ma belle fille. Amour, papa. (Until next time my beautiful daughter. Love, Dad.)

My phone rings from somewhere beside me and I groan. My dreams fade and I crack open my eyes to sunlight streaming in through the blind in my room. The ringing stops and I roll over and feel the heavy weight of something draped around my waist. In a panic, I look down.

A tan arm circles my waist and curls underneath my shirt where a hand rests in the centre of my stomach. A rhumb rubs slow circles underneath the band of my loose Calvin Klien sports bra that I usually sleep in.

The fog of sleep fades away and my eyes widen. Lando.

I turn to face him. His eyes are closed but he pulls my body in closer to his front, his hips flush with mine, my forehead level with his nose. My breath hitches as his mouth moves into a small smile.

"Funny how pillow walls always seem to fall off the bed in the middle of the night hey Dev?" Lando's voice is deep with sleep and I'm ashamed to feel the heat it sends to my core.

I wiggle out of his grasp. And sit up across the bed from him. Lando's eyes crack open to reveal the bright green and he takes in my position across the bed from where he lays. He moves, shifting his uninjured arm behind his head, the movement drifting the blankets down lower on his chest to his hips. I look away.

I'm pretty sure he fell asleep with clothes on. Or, at least more clothes than just his boxers. "What are you doing?"

"Waking up," he states matter-of-factly.

"I mean in my bed."

"You asked me to your bed remember?"

My eyes widen. "I asked you to lay down so I could try and fix your shoulder, not sleep with me!"

"You decided to sleep in the bed."

"I built up a wall to separate us, you obviously got rid of that. Plus, it's my bed."

He shrugs. "And?"

"I don't want to touch you Lando. You didn't have any right to move that wall." I point to the mass of pillows on the floor beside the bed.

"You didn't have such an issue with me touching you yesterday when you kissed me."

"You kissed me."

Lando laughs. "Jesus Dev. I didn't think you'd freak out when you woke up. But maybe I should've reconsidered that. You obviously aren't used to sleeping with anyone."

Embarrassment flashes over me and heats my cheeks. "I- uh." I try and talk. Lando just laughs again.

"Nobody wants your baggage or something Dev? You scared to let people touch you?"

"Fuck you, Lando." I spit.

"You've done it before."

"Get out." I stand up and walk to Lando's side of the bed. "Get out before you say more things you'll regret."

He smiles. Fucking. Smiles. "Like what Dev? Scared to admit you're scared? Will you run away again if I touch you? You're really good at it. Running."

"Get out Lando," I step closer to the bed, getting in his face. He still lies relaxed in the bed and it makes my blood boil.