Just Friends (Part 2)

Începe de la început

"That's not very 'uncomplicated'." I countered, trying to regain the wall around my heart by reminding myself of how he hurt me. The look of regret on Michael's face seemed very real as he sighed. He leaned against the doorway with his forearm before searching my eyes. As much as I wanted to hate him, his proximity had my grip on the door handle clammy.

"No, it's not. I wanted it to be. I had finally started getting over Kate when we got drunk that one night," he looked away for a moment. I blushed deeper, thinking about our fantastic first time together. Sex with Michael was arguably the best sex I'd ever had. Michael returned his gaze to mine.

"It was easy, sleeping with you. It felt good, natural. I'd always had an attraction to you. After the second time, I figured that we could just have fun with it." He shrugged slightly, "But then I realized how much I wanted you. How much I crave not only your body but also just your presence. I tried to ignore that, to spare myself from more hurt, but I can't." My walls started to crumble at his words.

"Michael-" I shook my head, trying to push him out of my heart but failing miserably. He cut me off.

"I do want it. I want to be close to you. I want more from you and I want to give you more if you'd let me. And I'm sorry I was an idiot who didn't say this before. I'm sorry I hurt you... I miss you." He poured out this confession just as the rain poured outside.

I stood speechless, my hand limply resting on my door knob. His vulnerability left me weak in the knees. Any feelings for him that I had managed to tuck away came flooding back to the surface at his confession. Could I trust this? I thought I had misread him and his intentions, but now he'd confirmed everything I thought to be true. I swallowed nervously as I searched his eyes.

"I miss you too." I breathed out honestly, choosing to trust his words. We stood in silence for a moment, examining each other's faces as the sounds of rain falling surrounded us. Michael looked down at my lips.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked softly. I melted more for him, his careful tone breaking down the last of my walls. I opened the door more before stepping closer to him.

"Yes," I breathe out simply, my answer easy. I missed him. I wanted him, more than anything. His free hand easily found my waist as mine found his chest. Michael moved his arm from the doorway, placing his hand on my cheek gently before swiftly leaning down.

Both of our eyes fluttered closed as we kissed. My heart raced as we moved effortlessly together, our lips molding with one another. As we shared repeated soft kisses, I felt some raindrops drip down his face and onto our lips. We gripped one another closer, pressing our bodies together as I let my arms roam up over his shoulders. I melted into him, embracing the feelings he gave me.

"I'm sorry," Michael breathed into my lips, desperately holding me closer by my waist and neck. I kissed him deeply, pressing my body as close to his as I could. He easily returned my deep kissing, melting into me as I ran my fingers over the back of his damp neck.

"It's okay... just don't do it again," I said in a warning tone. He smiled lightly into me, making me smile as well.

"Done," he agreed before kissing me again. I kissed back smoothly, lost in his touch and the sound of the rain. After a few more deep kisses, Michael ran his tongue smoothly over my bottom lip. I matched the movement, the tips of our tongues grazing one another. My heart pounded, a longing growing inside me as we made out sloppily.

My feet moved backward, guiding him blindly into my apartment. We stumbled in, still grasping one another as we moved inside. Michael let his grip on me go for a moment, blindly reaching behind himself as we made out to close the door. Once it was shut, all that could be heard was the quiet movie in the background, but that fell upon deaf ears.