Just Friends (Part 2)

*WARNING, GRAPHIC SEXUAL CONTENT*

Two weeks of not interacting with Michael went by. It wasn't for a lack of trying on his part. He sent a few text messages, each one a few days apart.

Hey...

Can we talk please?

I'm at the spot if you want to talk.

Eventually, after not replying, he got the message and started leaving me alone. I cried more than I thought I would the first week. One would think I had just gone through an actual breakup with how much it hurt. After the tears, I simply felt stupid. I told myself I should've known better than to fall for him. I should've just kept the first time a one-time thing as we said it would be.

Despite the hurt, sadness, and frustration, I missed Michael like crazy. Before our friend's birthday, we would talk every day, at least a little bit. My life felt more empty. I made up for that by talking more with our other friends, none of whom knew about Michael and me in the first place. It made the situation harder knowing I had no one to talk to. Even if I wanted to talk to some of our friends about it, it would have just made the situation more complicated.

The rain had been pouring all day. I was supposed to go out tonight with our friends, but instead, I curled up on my couch to watch some scary movies. Was I avoiding the probable interaction with Michael I'd been dreading? Yes. The knock on my door came out of nowhere, startling my focus on the movie. I looked at my phone to see no new messages or calls hinting at who it could be. Hesitantly I stood from the couch.

After I quietly made my way to the door, I peeked through the peephole. My stomach sank and my heart raced simultaneously as I saw Michael. Part of me contemplated just pretending to not be home. But he was soaked in rain and looked very cold; if he had come this way through the rain, it could be about something important.

I pulled back, taking a deep breath before cracking the door open. As I did and we met eye contact I had to remind myself not to find him attractive. Uncomplicated... remember how he hurt you. Thinking about his words made it easier to ignore the feelings of attraction. His eyes made it harder as he examined me. He looked tired.

"You're easy." He blurted out. I let my jaw drop a little, a small scoff leaving my lips. Did he come all this way just to call me easy? Hurt and anger stung my chest, but I knew it wasn't worth a response. I looked away and started to close the door in his face, but he stopped it from closing with his shoe.

"Fuck, no, I didn't mean it in that way," Michael spurted out, "please, just hear me out." He pleaded. I paused for a moment. My head said 'Leave him in the rain to drown', and my heart said 'Listen to the man you want'. Eventually, I gave in to the latter, letting my eyes meet his again as I cracked the door open more. Michael took a breath and looked down at his feet.

"You're easy; Easy to be around. Easy to talk to. Easy to like and want," he paused, looking back up into my eyes, "and it scares the crap out of me." He confessed. My face softened at his words, and my heart started to race. I opened the door even more, gripping the doorknob nervously.

"What do you mean?" I asked, probing for more information. Michael bit his lip slightly as he ran his fingers through his damp hair.

"I... god, I meant it when I said I couldn't get enough of you," his words caused a deep blush to spread over my cheeks, "I want you, all the time. These last two weeks sucked not talking to you." He admitted.

My heart raced at his words. This was what I wanted to hear when I confessed my feelings for him, what I hoped to hear him feel about me because I felt the same way. I furrowed my eyebrows, reminding myself that he could just be saying what I wanted to hear to keep me how he had me.