The Ballroom Affairs

Eloise was being pampered by different maids all trying to make the girl as beautiful as possible. 

Eloise was tired of the pampering though, the makeup, and the corsets. She has grown more found of Lord Burton, but that still did not mean she wanted to marry him. She barely knew the boy.

 Meanwhile downstairs Anthony was getting Theo ready. Anthony told Theo he should come with them. Anthony extended the invitation, because it felt like the right thing to do. 

"So, Theo did you know of anyone in the area before us of course."

Theo nodded, "I was friends with a girl awhile back. She was from around here."

Anthony's eyebrows furrowed. He suddenly remembered Eloise's affairs with the printer boy. What is Theo was that printer boy?

"What was she like if you don't mind asking?"

"She was very loud and she judged everyone and everything. She actually wasn't much of a friend. Mostly just a drama teller, but very pretty."

Anthony smiled, this description was nothing like Eloise, but something was still wrong he knew it.

Theo knew he almost slipped up. He had seen the paper on Eloise. Even the people in his little town had criticized Eloise, saying a Bridgerton should never been seen with one of us. 

As the two sat in silence waiting to deport, Eloise came down the stairs. Theo looked at the girl in disbelief she looked beautiful.

Eloise looked at the two, "what are you two looking at let's go."

Anthony called for a carriage while Eloise waited with her mother.

"Theo why don't you leave with Benedict and and Colin."

Theo nodded and watched the group leave.

When Eloise arrived she tried to hide from the crowd. Her attempts failed though as her mother dragged her out to meet with Lord Burton.

The boy smiled at her. He understood entirely why Eloise was chosen as the diamond. She was beautiful in every way, he did not care about the rumors either. He was determined on marrying this girl.

"Shall we dance my lady?"

Eloise half smiled at him and the two went on to dance. 

On the other side of the ballroom Anthony was preparing Benedict to meet Miss Eleanor Livingston. He told Benedict basics of her and her family, the usuals. A large dowery, successful father, blah blah blah. 

Benedict was day dreaming of Rose, he only really wanted to be with her, but she was like Lord Bailey. What a joke he thought. He had known Arthur since they were tots, he didn't have anything particularly wrong with him, but what could Rose see in him.

"Benedict this is Miss Livingston." Anthony could tell Benedict hadn't been paying much attention because of his look of confusion when he said it. 

Benedict smiled at the girl, she was gorgeous. Probably the most beautiful thing he had ever laid eyes on, but beauty was only one thing to Benedict.

"I'll leave you two, to it."Anthony smiled at the pair and went on his way.

"Hello Lord Bridgerton, the viscount has told me a lot about you."

"Oh has he, he's probably only told you I'm the best looking, smartest, and funniest Bridgerton man in our family."

Eleanor gave a subtle laugh and just nodded her head, "I suppose you could say something like that."