The village

Dahlia leads to me to a house with a sign next to it. There are two nameplates on the sign. One says: Oliver and the other one has no name.

"Starting today you will be living here!" Dahlia tells me. "Oliver!" She calls out. A boy that looks about my age with black hair and eyes like mine come out. "This is your new roommate or partner!" Oliver glares at us, "I told you I. don't. Want. A. Partner."

"I can tell you two will be great friends already!" Dahlia says delightfully. She grabs Oliver and I's hands and links our pinkies. She speaks some unfamiliar language and I notice a little red string appear on my pinky. She unlinks our pinkies and my name appears on the nameplate.

"Now, let me explain the rules of having a roommate," Dahlia says, "You two may never be more than 20 feet apart from each other and you must never break a promise with your partner," she explains to us, "and the last rule... Well I'll tell you that another time! Now, time to get you moved into your new house!" She opens the door and shoves us both in. "Here's your key! Don't lose it and have fun you two!" She hands me a key and leaves without another word slamming the door behind her.

I look over at Oliver and he looks pissed. I tremble with fear and stand in silence waiting for him to say something. We both stand there for what feels like forever until he breaks the silence. "Come with me I'll show you your room," he grumbles. I follow him up the stairs and into a room with one bed, a desk, a small wardrobe, and a window.  "Thank you," I say as he walks out slamming the door behind him.

I open up the wardrobe and notice my old clothes in it. I sigh with relief as I don't have to get myself some new clothes. I look outside the window and jump when I hear the door slam open. I turn around and see Oliver standing in the doorway.

"Come with me," he says, "I need to get something from the city." The city? I wonder. I follow him out the door and into the village. I look around at all the colourful houses and notice Dahlia talking to someone.