[1.8] Knows When to Step Back

Word Count: 2342 words.

Yeah, incredibly sorry for the slow update. Fair warning, some flows doesn't really follow the canon.

But I'll try my best to keep the quality good. Please enjoy the short chapter in the mean time.

"You what?!" Korra's voice travelled far and beyond the horizon

"You what?!" Korra's voice travelled far and beyond the horizon. "You lost your bending?!" The Avatar simply could not believe it, one of the prodigious benders has lost their bending to Amon. 

"It is not a complete loss, Korra." Yue tries to reach out to Korra; her hand hesitantly travels to where Yue has heard the Avatar's voice. "Rie, spread the docs." 

At her cues, her assistant Rie Song began to spread piles of document regarding Amon. Another pair of detectives came into the room with boards full of the equalist's information. Everyone was at awe at what they saw. 

Bolin didn't understand any of the papers, but judging by the amounts scattered, it must be rather impressive. Mako aspires to become someone as amazing as Yue, he aspires to be just as strong and as capable as she is. Both Tenzin and Lin had their jaws on the floor while Asami smiles at her friend with nothing but a sense of proud.

Korra looks to find Yue crumbling; it must be the first time in a real while she's truly blind. Even if her last feat was outstanding, the cost that it took her to gather these intels are. . . personal. 

"What is all of this?" Lin wanted to know, there's no hint of animosity in her tone, just amazement. 

"On the table is everything we know regarding of Amon, or as we should call him, Noatak." Rie began her explanation. "Noatak, like Tarrlok was born a son of Yakone. In desperation of revenge, both Noatak and Tarrlok were shaped to become a weapon of Yakone. However, Noatak had rebelled against his father, and he had killed Yakone." 

"Amon was his new life in Republic City. Before he was a leader of an organization, Amon was Jin Sae's personal assistant. Amon was Yue's Godfather." The last part took everyone by surprise. 

And in reflex, Korra embraces Yue tight, not knowing why exactly she did that. Mako looks at Yue and noted the slight tremble she had. 

"Why did he kill Jin, then?" Lin furrowed her eyebrows as Jin used to be her equal in their every classes. 

"Different belief, at least that's what we know of." Rin fixes her eyeglasses. "Jin Sae was overwhelmed by Amon's blood bending just like the rest of us, but the world has not yet known about this. Yue wanted to strike using propaganda, these pamphlets will do as a start." 

"As a start?" Bolin expresses his confusion. 

"Us alone cannot fight against the entire Equalist even if I had weakened them." Yue raises her voice gracefully once more. "I was hoping that with these pamphlets as our propaganda, we can somewhat buy times or at least divert their attention away from the incoming United Forces, our allies."