We'll Deal with it Later

Start from the beginning

"I think I know how to heal Green now."  I grin.  Their expressions turn unreadable, and they glance at each other.  "What?  Why do you look like that?"

"I look perfectly normal!"  Red Leader protests, while Professor Red just shifts around uncomfortably.

"Listen, Sabre."  he starts.  "Now really isn't a good time, if you couldn't tell."  he gestures to the area behind him, which I realize with a start looks more like a jungle than a quarantine room.  "Green's powers have been acting out more than ever."

"I still don't understand why you won't let me burn it down."  Red Leader snarls.

"Don't be ridiculous.  That's not an option."

Fire starts to burn in the Red Leader's hands, and I quickly enter the room, standing in his way.

"Calm down.  You know getting aggressive isn't going to help."

"That's easy for you to say.  You get to go outside every day.  You get to see my apprentice!"  His face contorts in pain and anger.  "Let me out of this stupid room!"

"I can't."  I repeat.

"But being uncooperative isn't going to get you out of here any faster."  Professor hisses to him.

I turn to study the thick tangle of vines.  Sharp thorns stud each plant, glittering wickedly in the firelight.  Not great.  I don't even have anything to cut them with.

"I'll need some shears."  I approach a little closer, careful not to touch the plants.  "Assi-"  Suddenly, all the plants move at once, undulating in a wave that knocks me off my feet.  To my relief, I'm not covered in thorns when I stand back up.  But the plants have definitely grown more entwined, now enforced by a layer of saplings.  Through the tiniest crack in the plant wall, I can see the bright green light growing stronger as Green's powers fluctuate.  That's not good.

I take another step forward, only for the plants to lash out again, shoving me back.  Professor Red catches me quickly, helping to keep me steady.

"Like I said, not a good time."  he repeats.  "Especially not with your injuries.  Come back in the morning, when the sickness wanes.  Bring whatever axes, pruners, and shears you need.  If my notes on your healing speed are right, your wounds should be much better by then.  Besides, your friends at the Rainbow Kingdom will be worried."

"I- guess you're right?"  I don't want to leave, but I don't see what I can do.  "Are you sure the two of you will be okay?"

"Of course not!"  The Red Leader protests.  "We'll be suffocated by those plants!"

"We'll be fine."  The Professor assures me.  "Go tell your pale-looking friend that you're okay."

I sigh, but obey the Red Steve's advice.  With one final look at the messed-up quarantine room, I head up the secret tunnel to M.

"That was quick!"  M seems delighted as he helps me up from the hole in the carpet.  "So how did it go?  Is Green cured?"

"I couldn't get to Green."  I admit, feeling even worse.  "His powers were acting up too much.  Professor Red said I should wait until tomorrow morning.  Is that okay?"  I look up at him, cringing a little, and he quickly nods.

"Sure.  I'll be there."  he promises.  "Then you and Green can tell me all about the other world, and the steves that live there!  It'll be awesome!"

"Yeah, it will be."  I relax a little.  "You don't mind..."

"Not at all."  M already knows what I'm going to ask.  He reaches a hand out to hold my uninjured shoulder, and quietly teleports me back to the Rainbow Kingdom.