𝟎𝟒𝟏. 𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬

HAMMERS AND BONDS
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter forty-one,
Gilmore Girls — Season Two

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter forty-one, Gilmore Girls — Season Two

March 4th, 2002

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

     ❝WE'LL HOLD HANDS AND SKIP AFTERWARDS,❞ is what Luke Danes says to me and Jess after plunging a sledgehammer into the wall next to my bed. After he walks off, Jess and I stare at the hole, our mouths open in shock as drywall begins to crumble out of the giant hole that Dad created.

     I hum, shrugging my shoulders and deciding I'm going to make some fun out of this. I step away from the wall and grab another hammer from the closet. It's not as big as the sledgehammer but it'll do some damage, I'm sure. Jess stares at me, confused, but then he quickly realises what I'm about to do. "Here's to living together." I then lift the hammer and hit the wall, leaving a matching hole next to the one my dad created. "We might as well help."

     I hit the wall again and again, and then Jess lifts his sledgehammer and hits the wall along with me. We might as well indulge in the chaos. We are so going to create a bigger problem, but this is very, very fun.

     We continue to smack and wreck the wall with the hammers, grinning and laughing manically. When Jess turns on some ridiculous rock music to make all this just a little more ridiculous, we continue to bash the wall until it's nearly destroyed. There's drywall, old paint and all kinds of crap on the floor, on the bed and on the dresser.

     "We're creating a bigger problem," I realise, staring at our mess, and I rest the hammer against my shoulder. "A way bigger problem."

     "This was your idea," Jess argues. "Clearly, you have some pent up anger."

     I laugh in relief. "Yeah. You're the reason for this, but this feels good." I hit the hammer against the wall again, laughing stupidly, and then I kick a piece of the wall away before I slip over and break something. "What anger do you have?"

     He shrugs. "Being here."

     "Well aren't you joyful."

     I nudge him just as he hits the hammer against a piece of wall that's been crumbling away for the past two minutes. Now, it's entirely destroyed and we're staring straight ahead into another room. "I can't believe that the wall was this thin. The owner probably moved out because of your crappy taste in music. I mean, seriously, what is this crap?" I gesture to the rock music playing, and he shakes his head, hitting the wall again. "Are you now picturing the wall is me?"