"Kal Tuesday hai na mein tumhe school chorne se pehle bahar se nashta karaoon ga". Aina, who was walking towards the kitchen, stood still. 

"Baba kal Tuesday nahi hai. Saturday hai"

"Kiya matlab?" Sikander stood up from the floor. 

"Baba," she came towards him and held his hands. "Baba aap 3 din baad uthe hain aaj Friday hai" 

"Tum late kese ho gae?" A girl having dark brown hair and eyes asked a much younger sikander. 

"Zyada so liye tha"

"Tum? Aur zyada so gae thay? Hasao mat Sikander"

"Sleeping pills kha li thin"

"Kitni?"

"Jitni aik baari mein nikal sakti"

she applied the brake of the car as fast as she could. "Sikander tumhe pata hai na ye khatarnak hai bahut."

"Oh, please, leeza. Cervical pain aur insomnia ka patient agar so jae sleeping pills le kar hi sahi tou aise nahi kehte." Sikander said, and to hide his immediate regret of sharing so much with a girl whom he had just met a few months ago, he started looking outside the window.

"Baba araam se," aina said after seeing him stumble. 

With her voice, sikander came back to earth.  Tears started running down his face. 

"I am sorry aina mein ne tum peh ghusa kiya," he said, pulling her into a hug. 

"Ghusa? Kon sa ghusa? Mujhay tou yaad bhi nai, " she said, smiling.

"Rona band karein baba. Aein kuch khaate hain. KFC order karein?" aina asked while patting his head.

"Nahi ao hum ja keh khaatay hain" he separated her from him and she wiped his tears. 

"Jaein phir aap change kar keh aein hum jaate hain" 

✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

"So you are 18 now, haan?" he said to Aina, who had her hands around his neck. 

"Yup," she said, giggling. Their height difference was just half a foot now. They just came back home after her celebrations. 

"Aik last gift rehta hai ab." Her eyes widened. "Bas karein na baba, mere poore room mein gifts hi gifts hain." 

"Nai is gift ko room mein rakhne ki zaroorat nahi paray gi" 

She tilted her head at this. "Aisa kon sa gift hai?" 

Sikander reached the pockets of his pants. "There you go." Aina  held the gift which was greeted with a scream. "BABA, WE ARE GOING TO ROME NOW FINALLY?"

"Yeah, we are. Mera humesha se plan tha keh jub tum 18 ki ho jao tou tumhe rome dikha doon. The motherland of your mother" 

"BABA, I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. IT'S THE BEST GIFT EVER. " she kissed him on the cheek. 

"KAB JANA HAI" 

"Tickets aap ke hath mein hain Bella" he was smiling and she was laughing. 

"OH MY GOD BABA KAL SUBAH?" 

"Yeah, kal subah. Go and start packing. Mein apni kar chuka hoon, " he said while sitting on the sofa. She ran inside her room and started packing all her stuff. Sikander opened his phone and saw a message. It was of his friend Ahmed, who was a police officer. "When are you leaving?" 

Sikander replied, "Tomorrow.. 7 am" 

He then threw his phone aside and touched the left side of his back. He was shot 2 days ago right there while going to the court by an individual who is still missing. From all the investigations, it was found that the target was Sikander Shehryar for a reason not known. He didn't tell Aina about this. The media channels that covered this news weren't given the name of Sikander, and they just reported by saying that a lawyer was shot in the court. Ahmed advised him to leave the country for a few days secretly so that he remained safe. 

"Aina mein andar ja raha hoon thori der sone. Wake me up at 3." The pain was severe, and he had to deal with it alone without disturbing her. 

━━━━━━ • ✿ • ━━━━━━

Note: I do not support KFC. This story is not set in the current time zone.

FREE PALESTINE

Hey everyone please share your thoughts and reviews about the chapter!!

Thank you!!