Luka's Downfall

Marinette is in shock. I mean... How would you react if you found out your best friend/crush/boyfriend was your superhero partner you've fought alongside for years?

She has rejected her crush and broken his heart for years. How could she have been so stupid?! "Marinette, calm down," Luka cooes to her. "How can I possibly calm down after this?!" Marinette screams. Luka grabs her arm. "Adrien, help me!" "How could I have been so stupid..." Marinette mutters to herself. "You're not stupid!" Luka says, while pulling her closer in a hug. 

Adrien is just watching them, not knowing what to do. "Yes, I am stupid! Very very very stupid!" Marinette says. Luka looks helplessly at Adrien. "Can you help me?" he asks. "Uhm... what am I supposed to do, Luka?" Adrien asks. 

Now Luka gets a bit frustrated. "I can't believe myself," Marinette sobs. "STOP! STOP STOP STOP!" Luka screams to her. Marinette is silenced, shocked. "I..." Luka is shocked by his own words. "I'm so sorry Marinette! I didn't mean-" "I think it's time for me to go..." Marinette disturbs him. "I... I need to help my parents at the bakery." Marinette runs away. 

Luka looks sad. "It's my fault, isn't it Adrien...?" Adrien ignores the question. "Let's go search for her. Maybe she's at her house, let's go." 

The two boys head to her house, in hope to find her there. They see Marinette's mother, Sabine, standing at the counter. "Luka, Adrien...? What are you doing here? The party was over, right?" Luka nods. "Yeah, we wanted to talk to Marinette..." Adrien adds: "Is she here?" Sabine frowns. "No... but I thought she was at the party with you..!" She starts to panic, scared her daughter went missing. Did something happen at the party? Did that Lila girl do something again...?

Luka tries to calm down Marinette's mom. "Don't worry, Miss Cheng! We will find her for you!" Sabine forces a smile on her face. "Thank you..." 

Luka and Adrien walk out the bakery. "Adrien, shall we split up and call each other if we find her?" The blonde nods. "Good idea, see you later." Adrien transforms into Chat Noir. After that, they split up.

Suddenly Chat hears singing. "Huh, what's that...?" he mutters to himself. The voice sounds a lot like... Ladybug. "Ladybug...?" Chat whispers. "Why is she singing?" Chat walks closer to the singing. "Ladybug, is that you?" Then he sees a ravenette girl, turned away from him. She is singing the song. "I always do everything wrong..."

She quickly turns around. It's Marinette! "Adrien!" she exclaims shocked. "I mean, Chat!" she says fast, so that no one can find out Chat's identity. "Why were you singing a song full of lies? You know you're amazing, Princess." Chat Noir smiles. Marinette ignores what Chat Noir said. "What are you doing here?" she asks. Chat Noir sighs. "Princess, promise me to never hurt yourself like that again. It hurts me, meowch!" Marinette frowns. "I'm not in the mood, Chat Noir." She starts crying. She slumps to the ground, and Chat Noir kneels next to her in comfort.

Luka, meanwhile, runs through the city while trying to find Marinette. Sass flies out the pocket of Luka's jacket. "Have you find her already, holder?" he asks. "No, I've searched at my house, at Françoise Dupont, at Place des Vosges... She's nowhere to find!" Luka says helplessly. "Maybe Chat Noir found her?" Sass suggests. Luka grabs his phone. "Good idea, I'll call him." 

Chat Noir's "phone" (is it a phone? it's on his baton) rings. "Sorry Princess," Chat Noir says to Marinette, "I need to take this for a second, it's important." He picks up. "What's up Luka?" "Did you find her, Chat?" the blue-haired boy asks him. "Yes, she's with me. We're under the bridge, where you sometimes come to calm down." "Okay, coming!" Luka says. He ends the call and runs as fast as he can to the bridge. 

When he arrives, he sees Chat Noir on the ground next to a crying Marinette. Chat Noir tries to calm her, by saying things like "Princess, it's okay..." Luka is shocked by what he sees. "What happened?" he questions. "I don't really know," Chat admits. "She just broke down..." Luka leans forward and gives Marinette a hug. "Could you explain what happened now, Mari?" "I... I don't know," she answers. "I just..." She starts crying even more.

Chat Noir makes a sad face. "Puh-lease don't cry Princess! It doesn't suit you." Marinette giggles softly. "Can... can I go home?" "Sure you can, Princess. Should our love and I walk you home?" Marinette nods. "Okay..." She stands up, but suddenly feels dizzy. "I... I feel dizzy..." she mutters weakly, and she almost falls backwards. "Marinette!" Luka exclaims. "Have you eaten something weird?" Chat Noir asks, worriedly. "No, only a macaroon that Lila gave me which tasted a bit weird..." Marinette answers. Chat Noir growls. "That damn liar... She'll pay for this!" 

Marinette looks at him, scared. "Kitty... calm down." 

"How can I possibly calm down?!" 

Marinette tries to take a step towards him, but falls backwards. Luka rushes over to her, to check if she's okay. He lets her lay on his lap, in comfort. "Are you okay, Marinette?" the guitarist asks. "No..." Marinette mutters. "You shouldn't walk, Luka says. 

Chat Noir is furious. He clutches his fists and squeezes them hard. 

Then, Marinette's eyelids start to flutter. "No, no! Marinette!" Luka screams. Then, Marinette's body goes weak against his hold on her. She is unconcious. "Mari, wake up!" Luka screams. 

Chat Noir groans. "I am going to kill that fucking liar!" "What helps now Chat, is that you calm down and try to help me," Luka says to him. Chat Noir sighs and helps Luka. "We need to get her to a hospital," Chat says. Luka shakes his head no. "No, wait. Sit down." Chat Noir frowns. "What...?" "Sit!" Luka commands. Chat Noir does what Luka says. Luka lays Marinette in Chat's arms. "Hold her." 

"Okay...?" Chat Noir says. Luka starts walking away. "I'll go get someone, I don't want her to get hurt." And he leaves Chat Noir with the unconcious ravenette in his arms.

Luka arrives at Lila's house. Lila opens the door. "Luka? What are you doing here?" she asks. "What did you do to Marinette?!" Luka growls. Lila feels her heart bounce in her throat. "Excuse me..?" Luka is clearly angry. "You heard me!" "I didn't do anything to Marinette! What are you talking about?" Lila cries. "What was in the macaroon you gave her?" Luka asks in a threatening tone. Lila sighs. "Ugh, fine... it was poison." Luka gasps. "Is there an antidote?!" Lila shakes her head. "No." 

"WHAT!" Luka screams, it seems like he has lost his calmness. "THERE IS NO ANTIDOTE?!" Lila shakes her head again. "No, there isn't." Luka now seems like he breaks down. Lila grins evilly, her plan worked. "It was time I got rid of Dupain-Cheng..." 

...

It seems like that sentence turns on a button in Luka's head. A purple butterfly arrives, and Lila runs away quickly, scared that Luka will do something to her while akumatized. 

When the butterfly flies into Luka's miraculous, everything he sees grows hazy. He can only focus on one thing, the male voice in his head. "Silencer, I am Hawk Moth." 

Luka nods, accepting his new name. "I'm giving you your old powers  back of silencing anyone who has wronged you, and since your love just died, I'm also giving you the power to make anyone come back to life!" 

Luka grins. "That's a deal then, Hawk Moth." And the black circumstance covers him.

Silencer runs to the place Marinette and Chat are sitting. Chat Noir is shocked by the sight of his love akumatized. "L-Luka?!" He stammers, a bit scared. Silencer grins. "No, it's Silencer now." He uses another voice, probably of someone who was just unlucky and didn't run away from him in time. "This isn't you, Luka!" Silencer grins. "No. It's me, but different." He points at Marinette, who is still unconcious. "Now give me her!" 

"Never!" Chat Noir scowls. Silencer is getting angry now. "Give. Me. Her!" 

Chat Noir keeps refusing. "No!" Silencer sighs. "It's for her own good!" "What will you do to her?!" the blonde asks. "It's quite a long story," Luka admits. Chat Noir frowns. "I'll never give my princess to you." Then he grabs Marinette from his lap, and uses his baton to get away from the akumatized Luka. 

Chat Noir sighs as they arrive at a specific place, to hide from Silencer. There is a bed, and he lies Marinette on it. He goes to sit next to her. "You know..." he begins talking to her, "this used to be my mom's summer house. Luckily after she - died... it stayed abandoned. I hope this will be save enough to hide from Silencer..."