Medical medium PT 2

Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
-Joseph Campbell

It took them two seconds to come in hard and fast. They where expecting me to be ready; what they don't expect was me to crawl under the equipment in order to get behind them, I saw them clearly now. Four armed men, one with an AR the other three with Mossberg's. "Alright kid your dead!" I heard the man yell as he flashed pass the corner, the widening of his eyes was the fractional hesitation I needed, I softly exhaled and squeezed the trigger twice ; his body and the one of the man behind him dropped right as the other two turned to face me. I moved forward taking another man in his head before he could react. I shoulder tacked the last one, putting the rest of the mag in his gut wrenching the gun away from him.

I fell to the ground as he stopped resisting the tackle. I was sent tumbling through the gravel clutching the shotgun, the dust I kicked up made me cough. My body was give out. I hadn't done anything like that before, I was sure it was 70% luck. I slowly got to my knees, checking the shotgun for a shell, the brass and red flashed as I re-racked the gun. "loaded, ready..." I coughed again, the dust starting to settle; I quickly decided to call Dr.G again, hoping to have a moment of clarity. Just in case this was my last moment's. My thumb was shaking as I pressed the call button, "Y/N your still alive! Help is on the way, stay where you are, if you can, help others." I sighed getting up putting the phone in my breast-pocket so he could still hear me. "I'm half a click from the mine office, I've...been the focus of three skirmishes now. I think I'm going to keep going till my body gives out." I heard him shuffle wherever he was "You've been fighting? Alone?" I started walking raising the shotgun to be ready for another skirmish "Yes alone. But I don't know if I can keep this up at all! I am more than an hour behind on my meds, I'm not sure what exactly will happen by the time I get to the top; definitely not by the time you get here." He was silent for a moment, seemingly contemplating his words "Y/N, we will be there in fifteen. You don't need to do this." I suppressed a hoarse chuckle at his words "G. These men...they are wearing white masks. That means that these men. They are the reason those men in that convoy died."

He didn't argue "Y/N I worry for your. You've been living well, I'm not sure how you can continue after this. Your life will not be normal there anymore." I noted the truth in his statement, I felt my blood heating and my senses sharpening as I kept putting one foot in front of the other. "I don't think I will ever be normal, even on the meds I am just...me. And I am not normal. Get here before you miss the end." I heard a few muttered voices on the other end of the call "What do you mean by that Y/N?" I picked up the phone as I reached the door into the mining office "There is a civilian helicopter and two vans here. My guess is with the fights I've already one there is eight to twelve men in this building. It's a good day to die G. If this is the last time we speak...goodbye." I barley heard his voice as I shut off the phone.

I slammed my shoulder into the door, feeling it hit someone as I started my raid, behind the counter was a large man loading a SAW, I took a shot at him first, half of his neck was opened to the elements as I pressed the barrel into the door, putting a round through it to neutralize the man behind it "DROP IT!" The sight of seven rifles greeted me as I looked up, my breath caught in my throat "Look kid drop that or we drop you!" I nodded acting as if I was placing the weapon on the floor "You drop me either way asshole," I twisted putting a shell into the group...but o was no where near fast enough, I felt three bullets rip into me as I forced my way behind the counter. "FUCK, kid you just piss me off!" I chuckled touching my hand to my now bleeding side, applying pressure to it. "You have no right to be pissed off..." I crawled to the corpse of my earlier target, grinning as I grabbed a grenade he had on his belt, "If anything...the only right you have...is the right to burn!"

Goodbye, for now. Hope it was good!